Massdrop III: Kamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
listen those people with guided systems may have consistency in their knives, more durable edges and fine control over edge/grind steering and correction, but I have spent 5 figures on rocks dug out of a vaguely volcanic mountain to get a mostly sharp knife so jokes on them really.

listen those people with guided systems may have consistency in their knives, more durable edges and fine control over edge/grind steering and correction, but I have spent 5 figures on rocks dug out of a vaguely volcanic mountain to get a mostly sharp knife so jokes on them really.
Joke is on you. They can do both since you use these guided systems with proper stones. They can spend 5 figures on systems and another 5 figures on stones

Hello all:

Quick announcement: please check back this Saturday Dec. 4th for the Payment Information release.

@RockyBasel, @lemeneid and myself have been working hard to calculate the many costs that go into bringing the knives from @KAMON Knives's hands to yours.

We're taking care to ensure the safest, smoothest, and most cost-effective experience for you all.

Thanks,
NKW
:dancingcow:

Last edited:
KAMON MASSDROP PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
Payment is now open!

@KAMON Knives
@RockyBasel
@alterwisser
@lemeneid

Please read the below information carefully.
You must follow these instructions EXACTLY or you will FORFEIT YOUR SPOT

PAYMENT DUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 6TH AT 11:59 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME

Knives will ship AS SOON AS EVERYONE HAS PAID

Steps:

• Find your price by region and size
These prices are inclusive of shipping, customs, and all other expenses. If actual costs are less than stated we will refund the remainder; in the slim chance we underestimated prices we will send out an ancillary cost.

International commerce is tricky business; we’ve done our best to make things as safe and cost-efficient as we can and we thank you in advance for your understanding.

Note: please disregard the earlier post on currency. THE PAYMENT WILL BE IN SWISS FRANCS and
ONLY SWISS FRANCS.

ROCKY NEEDS THE RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING AMOUNTS (NOT WHAT YOU SEND, BUT WHAT RECIPIENT RECEIVES)

Region
225mm
260mm
APAC
CHF824.36
CHF864.09
NA
CHF770.50
CHF810.97
EU
CHF711.60
CHF751.59

The prices above are inclusive of: International Fedex Shipment to each region (7%), local duties (8-10%) regional UPS/FEDEX/DHL shipment (3%-5%), currency transaction fees, and any broker/custom fees. We are only using trackable, reliable shipment services and not local postal service.

PAYMENT INFORMATION

BANK:
Rocky Bank Routing Info:

Holder: Herr Rakesh Kishan u/o
Account no.: 233 -117379.40Z
IBAN: CH89 0023 3233 1173 7940 Z

BIC: UBSWCHZH80A

PAYPAL (F&F):

Rocky PayPal Address: [email protected]

• Deposit that EXACT value to RockyBasel’s bank or Paypal F&F by Monday 11:59PM CST
  • PLEASE PAY IN SWISS FRANCS (CHF) Equivalent
  • Because we are NOT retailers, Payment via Paypal Goods & Services = instant disqualification

PLEASE NOTE: The table above shows the EXACT AMOUNT that Rocky NEEDS TO RECEIVE – and NOT the amount you send.

For example:

An EU 225mm gyuto costs CHF 711.60

If you are paying via bank transfer such as Wise/Transferwise – here is what you may see for a 225mm going to the EU.
Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 4.52.33 PM.png

If you are paying via PayPal F&F – here is what you may see for a 225mm going to the EU.

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 4.52.43 PM.png

CRITICAL: If you are paying with PayPal, you MUST pay via “Friends & Family” and NOT “Goods & Services.”

Users who pay via PayPal “Goods & Services” as opposed to “Friends & Family” will be instantly disqualified and their spot will be forfeited to the next user in line.

Re-read the above. Absolutely no exceptions will be made.

We will post a list confirming who has and has not paid on Sunday before the deadline.

We will be verifying who has paid using your previous responses on your USER INFO message. You MUST use the method of payment and account (Paypal or Bank transfer) that you selected last week.

For Example:

If Mr. Nakiri Knife selected “Paypal” with an address of [email protected]
We will confirm payment when we receive paypal funds from
[email protected]

CRITICAL: You CANNOT switch accounts or payment methods. Unknown payments not listed in PMs will result in an immediate refund and disqualification.

If for some reason a spot is not filled by the deadline, the spot will be forfeited to the user next on the waitlist. That (waitlist) user will receive a PM with 18h to confirm or decline the slot.

Rinse and repeat till all knives are paid for.

Thank you,
A very excited NKW, RockyBasel, and Lemeneid
:dancingcow:

Last edited:
So gonna be worth it man can’t wait!!! Knife is gonna be awesome!!!

If people need to sell a kidney, I know a guy.

empty-wallet-no-money.gif

I don’t really understand the guided system followed by hand polishing progression. Guess it just seems like it’s going to negate the benefits of a guided edge to then work on it freehand after. What’s the philosophy here?

The knives look absolutely spectacular. Inspirational. 👍

Last edited:
My bank is asking for the recipients full address oddly
Regardless, payment has been made from my end

Last edited:
Back