Massdrop III: Kamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand these massdrops at all... What are they?
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 12.55.26 AM.png

LOL, but TBH, this really the last knife I’m looking for, it has the characteristics that I don’t have in my current collection.
1.Monosteel
2.Workhorse grind at the back
3.High performance pointing tip with killer distal taper
Take a step back, and consider how an addict would respond. Then look at your answer. ;)

I just started discussing a custom order with a maker, and I'm considering what knife lengths I have with wa handles. Apparently, I now need a more complete range of wa-gyutos. So the planned order will fit perfectly above my Birgersson wa, and I have a shorter wa planned for the future when another maker has time. Once I have those knives, my collection will be complete... Unless I need integrals in any other length than 270. ;D

*Edit* I might already have a wa longer than my Birgersson, but I'm looking for something a bit lighter. *smh*

I'm the first loser/waitlisted. Sorry if this is stated elsewhere, but roughly when will we know about the waitlist? I assume people would drop when it comes time to transfer money...

I'm the first loser/waitlisted. Sorry if this is stated elsewhere, but roughly when will we know about the waitlist? I assume people would drop when it comes time to transfer money...
If there is any movement of the waitlist I will reach out to the relevant parties.

Not to Rush, but out of curiosity, how long does this process take before we have the knife in our hands? Are we talking 6 months? A year?

You are not a loser, you have deferred success🙂

Oh and that whole technology thing we’re pretty good at too.
hey now, we're getting our own Amazon, and we already have a 'tech corridor' that's a whole mile or two long :upsidedownspin: I think we are only trailing the Bay area in shear number of Teslas. Plus we got politicians! Lots and lots of politicians! And lots of people who work for them! (yeah, that part sucks -- it messes up a nice place to live :confused:)

Anyone know if Kamon sells handles separately? I poked around on his website and didn’t see it mentioned, but it seems like he goes to so much effort to make the handles swappable that it would be a wasted opportunity (assuming the profit margin is at least equal to his complete knives). I would love to get a handle “the Dark Lord himself would use” but would never want to swap in a non-OEM handle given it’s part of the signature unique look.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Kamon sells handles separately? I poked around on his website and didn’t see it mentioned, but it seems like he goes to so much effort to make the handles swappable that it would be a wasted opportunity (assuming the profit margin is at least equal to his complete knives). I would love to get a handle “the Dark Lord himself would use” but would never want to swap in a non-OEM handle given it’s part of the signature unique look.

No dice - at least not if he isn’t making the second handle at the same time he’s making the blade and first handle. For this mass drop I don’t believe he’s making second handles.

No dice - at least not if he isn’t making the second handle at the same time he’s making the blade and first handle. For this mass drop I don’t believe he’s making second handles.

I wasn’t really asking as part of this massdrop, but in general. I was wondering/hoping if I could buy a 2nd handle afterwards.

I expect the answer is no since he doesn’t mention it on his website, but hope springs eternal.

Back