Media Masterchef UK Professionals

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16756

Reaction score
Ok, so I know the Ramsay helmed programs are drek, but I really like the UK Professionals version of Masterchef. In addition to some good looking food made on this show, the lack of interpersonal drama and the obvious expertise of Wareing and Galetti make this stand out to me as one of the few good television shows around.

Starts 10 Nov, just saw the first trailer for the new series pop up on YouTube:

So Ive been able to catch the first two episodes so far and compared to prior years there have been some light changes to deal with COVID, but honestly I kind of prefer it.

My absolute favorite thing about this show is that rather than have Marcus and Monica guessing at things for an audience, Greg provides the foil of 'enthusiastic but ignorant' and while it's easy to see him as a goof, he always knows when to ask after a technique or term. As a moderately informed person at best, I really like this program, and I see a ton of stuff on it I actually want to eat. I can't say the same about most other cooking competition shows.

Also Im pretty sure they jack up the blue artificially there is no way Wareing's eyes are THAT BLUE.

Well this one just wrapped and I gotta say this show remains a personal favorite.

I know we all hate quarantine but I hope the smaller scope with fewer contestants stays.

Damn, I was rooting for Santosh..!

very much the same here, but I was still satisfied, because the ultimate winner's dishes in the finals were amazing.

really and truly amazing. I think it is only a matter of a few years before he has his own star.

I also like masterchef, lots to learn! One downside is that I always get hungry when watching and want to start cooking up a bunch of incredbly difficult stuff only to find out that it's late in the evening..
There is a Belgian cooking programme where they have a series in which renowned chefs make two versions of the same dish, one 'home cookery' style (which usually ends up challenging enough) and the restaurant version. I learn a lot from those programs, slow braised Chicory Peter Goossens (3 stars) demonstrated was a revelation (and actually so simple).

There is a Belgian cooking programme where they have a series in which renowned chefs make two versions of the same dish, one 'home cookery' style (which usually ends up challenging enough) and the restaurant version. I learn a lot from those programs, slow braised Chicory Peter Goossens (3 stars) demonstrated was a revelation (and actually so simple).
That sounds amazing. I presume it's actually in Belgian?

Back