mattrud's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrud

Founding Member
Reaction score
So these are knives I currently own. I have sold a good bit of them over the years as I stopped using them or no longer had a need for them. But I can post some old ones as well....

DSC00554.jpg

some inexpensive knives that became some sharpening projects.

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

some randoms, including the one knife I will never sell

beautiful. can't wait to see the rehandle on that little one.

That red and white Fish handle is kick ass, even as far as Fish handles go.

that one is a gil cote fillet knife. its a fun one and very comfortable to use.

more photos to come...

Gil Cote is a new name to me. Will have to check him out.

By the way, I finally saw your collection on the back of Lucky Peach in person this evening at the checkout stand at Whole Foods. Pretty sweet!

And they keep getting better, post who made them for the new guys...O and keep selling :)

The one knife you will never sell. I'm guessing it is the Deba.

It is actually thew heavily ground down Tojiro 240mm gyuto. Only knife left that I got when I started cooking and it has been in every kitchen I have ever worked in.

The profile on that petty really looks great. But for me, nothing tops your Kramer -- all of the elements on that one look like they came together perfectly. I can't comment on the performance, but I suspect the grind is of the same level of quality. It is truly stunning!

It is actually thew heavily ground down Tojiro 240mm gyuto. Only knife left that I got when I started cooking and it has been in every kitchen I have ever worked in.

Aww man! I thought it was that, but figured there was no way. That's how I feel about my Tojiro, the exact same way. I just can't part with the thing.

Back