Matt's Block

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
After thinning the herd, here is what is left:

View attachment 3250

I will post individual pics of these later, but first have to show some others.

Excellent, all around. What's the wood on the Carter?

The wood on the Carter is a buckeye burl filled with copper resin filling the voids. The ferrule is the same copper resin so up close the transition from the block to the ferrule flows well.

That Broadwell certainly is an eye-catcher, isn't it?

Such fancy pants handles on these!

Lovely Collection Matt, the re-handle you have done on the Carter is really special.

The patina on the John Jones cleaver is special. Very nice collection, Matt.

Thanks all. Hopefully, if its a good year, I will add some to it. Plus, I just picked up some awesome wood that is going to look great on the Carter nakiri.

Nice collection, Matt. I was given an old (not sure how old) 10" carbon steel chef's knife that looks almost exactly like the Forgecraft 210 but all it says on it is "TAIWAN" on the right side.

Been slacking at posting here.

Devin Thomas 270 mm PM stainless San Mai:

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Matt, you and mike have inspired me. One, go to your houses and steal your knives (Mike...I swear I won't do it while making knives at your place). Two, post my ACTUAL meager collection. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow.

The DT looks amazing!

Just got this Masamoto KS, I thought about keeping the Ho wood handle, but decided to give my first go at a Wa instead:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Back