• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Maumasi 235 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YG420

Reaction score
Up for grabs is this unicorn of a knife for me, Maumasi 235 gyuto. Pretty rare for a Maumasi to come up and even more rare in that Mareko doesnt make too many san mai knives. This knife has the best in hand feel ive ever experienced in a knife. The handle is super comfortable, the best ive used, edging out the Rader i used to own. The steel is cru forge v and is fantastic, gets really, really sharp and holds it very well. Very stiff knife, just about no flex, is a middleweight and very thin behind the edge. Features his “workhorse gentle convex” which glides through food. The measurements are 235x57 according to my ruler, but on the certificate it reads as 55 heel height. Weighs 232 grams and the balance sits right at a pinch grip. The knife has been used for a few meals at home and ive done a quick polish job on it to remove some patina. Its been touched up on a shobu suita as well. Includes a soft camo knife case and certificate. I would love to keep the knife, but i got my eyes set on some other things outside of the knife world. Price is $2200 shipped in the conus, intl pays for shipping. Thank you for looking!
New after one use:
IMG_4532_zpsxpitfy29.jpeg

After patina removal:
G38LkOgR66zuiht3RdIA_zpsijgqhqzq.jpg

wo08lgDnQiuZiCSuZgJZgA_zpsq3a7aeqq.jpg

nXeWmlMbRuBCj1apiJfKg_zps576fvfnv.jpg

2Y6wysTRmavPUsAo04Bg_zpsercmhekc.jpg

That’s the Lord being kind to me after the rust bucket fiasco. Note that I waited ... two deep breaths before responding, and didn’t say “SOLD” in my response. See ... an old dog can learn a few new tricks.

Balling... Enjoy!

That’s the Lord being kind to me after the rust bucket fiasco. Note that I waited ... two deep breaths before responding, and didn’t say “SOLD” in my response. See ... an old dog can learn a few new tricks.
Got my packaging tubes today also so something else is also en route. A good day!

Back