• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Mazaki Damascus Aogami 1 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Currantly

Reaction score
Hello KKF!

I have for sale today a Mazaki Damascus 240mm Aogami 1 Gyuto. Purchased from Sugi cutlery about two months ago, with a custom handle installed by Joe. The handle is African Black wood with a blonde ferrule.

I thought I would never let this one go but sadly it needs to move along so I can get to my next unicorn. This knife is BNIB with the signature Mazaki Kiri box. The very tip of the knife has a slight bend in it from shipping to my house, I will include a picture but it’s less than 1mm.

Looking to get $1700, all in. Thank you for looking.

Edit: Would be willing to trade/make a deal for a 240 KU Kato.

Measurements:

Edge length: 244mm
Edge height: 53mm
Thickness of sound at handle: 6.9mm
Weight: Approximately 230g

Original purchase link:

Mazaki Damascus Gyuto Hon-Sanmai 240mm Aogami 1 - Blade Only

5B102E39-E3D1-4125-AC1B-04DE16D248EB.jpeg
464FD877-1393-4F11-AD03-5DB7AD60BAE7.jpeg
C1702DCE-C81D-4820-B651-F3D91FF5C868.jpeg
9D2123BD-5984-4E22-B5E1-C526B19576A8.jpeg
9361B775-4005-486B-AC08-73B19F8E6BDE.jpeg
04FC72EC-D745-4BE2-8215-00D2A58BB5C8.jpeg
6E5C2A4C-A412-4581-9BD1-E8FA562DB26A.jpeg
B836ECEC-320C-4AE0-9A7F-BB5BA765D7E6.jpeg
1A10745D-1C44-4F6D-9FD3-8B0B16E2F7C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow I really want to handle one of these someday. They are dope a f. Is there any other knife line with such a price difference between their lines?

glws, although I don’t need it, this thing is amazing.
Yes, Ashi Hamono and Honyaki has Maz beat for price spread.
Beautiful knife and nice Kiri presentation box GLWS

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Sorry for such a late response it’s been a little hectic for me recently.

Wow insane! I understand the list for unicorns if you have the cash but why let one go once its attained?

Wow insane! I understand the list for unicorns if you have the cash but why let one go once its attained?

Honestly it’s all about not wanting keep more stuff around than I can use, for me a knife isn’t a tool until it’s used. With that being said there’s only a few knives that I would buy as a display/collection piece.

This knife is well out of my current budget, but if anyone is in doubt of the value, the same blade’s currently available at Kitchen Provisions in the UK for a mere £1800 ($2500). Oh, , and you get that ‘much loved’ magnolia handle and walnut ferrule combo with that one too.

This deal’s a steal with that in mind. GLWS.

This knife is well out of my current budget, but if anyone is in doubt of the value, the same blade’s currently available at Kitchen Provisions in the UK for a mere £1800 ($2500). Oh, , and you get that ‘much loved’ magnolia handle and walnut ferrule combo with that one too.

Your example is just crazily overpriced for an already high priced knife.
Beautiful indeed and Mazakis are good knives.
Glws

No disagreements from here, this BST one is much better value and more attractive all round.

Sadly, you US peeps have it much easier with pricing, This ain’t even that much of a rip off compared to other prices charged in the UK, FWIW a ‘standard KU’ Mazaki costs £290 (c$400) from the same shop, with the same horrible walnut ferrule handle

GLWS again, I’m envious here (but saving for some Xerxes action)

Let me feel the fibre of your fabric...

Back