• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Mazaki Kasumi 210 Kiritsuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ared715

Knife lover, but true stoner at heart!
Reaction score
Up for sale is my Mazaki Kiritsuke Gyuto. This is a cool and unique knife in that it was the tester knife from Mazaki to Takeshi from A-Frames Tokyo. He sold it to me in 2018 I believe. He put on a custom cherry wood and blonde buffalo horn handle that he made himself and I love how it fits the knife. It's the thinnest Mazaki I've ever used by far and especially the tip blows through food with horizontal cuts a dream. The heel is a bit more robust like most of his knives are. It's thin behind the edge and I love the overall performance. It's not been heavily used and it has plenty of life left to offer. I just polished the knife and sharpened with Jnat progression ending with Shobudani Iromono. Edge length is closer to 215mm. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Asking 250$
20220927_150452.jpg
20220927_150430.jpg
20220927_111201.jpg
20220928_115045.jpg

Yeah sorry, I don't have a scale ATM but the knife is on the light side and if I had to guess based on other knives I have, I would estimate it around 150-170 grams.

Steel is Shirogami # 2. Kanji on the left face reflects the steel flavor.

If I can borrow a scale I'll gladly post the weight ASAP.

Thanks for the interest!

Exact measurements:

Edge length: 215 mm
Total length: 369 mm
Height at heel: 49 mm
Spine thickness at handle: 4.5 mm
Spine halfway down: 3.1 mm
Spine before K-Tip: 2 mm

I almost bought this 3 times now. But I have a Mazaki Gyuto in the exact same length so I haven't pulled the trigger.

If someone can convince me that every self-respecting Mazaki enthusiast needs both a Kiritsuke and Gyuto, I'll take this one. :)

I almost bought this 3 times now. But I have a Mazaki Gyuto in the exact same length so I haven't pulled the trigger.

If someone can convince me that every self-respecting Mazaki enthusiast needs both a Kiritsuke and Gyuto, I'll take this one. :)
It's $180, just click buy. It doesn't matter if you don't need it.

Back