mazaki knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure everyone saw this already but KnS has Mazaki Deba in Blue 2 in stock. Maybe we'll eventually see a Blue 2 gyuto (in more than one copy :) )
There were two copies available, not one. So in total KnS has already sold 4 blue Mazaki.

1PtV3QA.jpg

Still 1 left at kns us site.

It's lighter and has more textured surface, a good handlewood imo, i also like bog oak and walnut, since they're medium weight and have some texture too. Although i have not a problem with ebony either,

I don’t hate the ebony handle but I don’t love it. I bought a mazaki a while back from yoshihiro with a beefy keyaki handle. I definitely like that one a lot. Burnt chestnut is also awesome. I think I would rather a mazaki in blue than white. I don’t mind white at all just prefer blue. Maybe i’ll sell the nashiji I have. I think I used it once.

Where is a Mazaki Blue available?
Knives and stones US site
I thought it was pricey at first as well but if you think about it its not a ton more than say a 270 in white at carbon. Usually blue steel knives are more expensive than white as we all know. Could they be a little lower? Probably.

Knives and stones US site
I thought it was pricey at first as well but if you think about it its not a ton more than say a 270 in white at carbon. Usually blue steel knives are more expensive than white as we all know. Could they be a little lower? Probably.

In my limited experience I seem to be able to keep and edge on my B#2 knives better than my W steel knives.

I can’t remember how much the augami maz 240mm was yesterday, $450 maybe? The wh2 from carbon is $313, so I’d take a chance on blue, if I was in the buying mood. But I’d prefer Keyaki handle.

I can’t remember how much the augami maz 240mm was yesterday, $450 maybe? The wh2 from carbon is $313, so I’d take a chance on blue, if I was in the buying mood. But I’d prefer Keyaki handle.
$470. A little high. I would take a chance myself. I used my white maz lightly so far but I really enjoy the grind and the profile. Everyone is different.

YOLO.
I’d drop $470 easy. I’ve seen more photos of his dammy stuff, it really is quite nice.
I could understand why others wouldn’t want to though.

Back