• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Mazaki stainless suji from JNS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
Looking for the JNS stainless-clad kasumi version of Mazaki 270mm suji. I have the kurouchi version from CKC if you're interested in a trade. I'm in CONUS but happy to deal internationally.

In case you haven't noticed, it's currently on sale from the source.

Out of stock though, and I've heard JNS isn't planning to carry more Mazakis (aside from an old order that was recently filled). Dunno if that's true or if it will be true forever

I completely misread the title, sorry. It's the kaeru that's on sale. I just parsed "stainless suji" 🙈

What about the Mazaki white 2 kasumi line? Out of stock forever too? I’m waiting on this one

Toyama Noborikoi ss clad 300mm is on sale right now on JNS. Not what you had wanted, I know...

Or I could just order a 270mm direct from Watanabe :) but there are a few problems with it. First, I'm looking for something with a machi that's the full width of the handle, not that skinny-neck style. It's also too thin, ideally would be 200g. A 180g like Hinoura might be ok, but 160g is too low. But the worst part about the Toyanabe is that fugly tip 🤮

The Hinoura from Burrfection is the closest to what I'm looking for, but I'd prefer not to give money to Ryky. I would if it was the perfect knife, but I don't feel like paying >$500 for a knife with those hideous and stupid kanji. "Thousand hammered hundred forged" 🙄 I can't look at that garbage everyday for the rest of my life, especially if it reminds me of how much money I gave to a con-man. The combination is too much.

And since I have Mazaki's kurouchi suji, I know it has my ideal dimensions: over 40mm heel height, over 200g weight, and nice full-length distal taper (not one of those logarithmic jobs that thin out quickly from the handle). I'd rather wait for it, either a used one here on BST, or eventually when another batch pops up somewhere else.

Back