Meat glue

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...proudly advertising that they rectally electrocute the cattle to tenderize the beef and "add aged flavor"./soapbox Support local business.

*shudder* There are reasons why I keep my head in the sand. I love meat, but the reality of this might just turn me into a veggi...

*shudder* There are reasons why I keep my head in the sand. I love meat, but the reality of this might just turn me into a veggi...

Or a more responsible meat eater...it is possible and better for your health (didn't a study just come out about how it may not even be the fats in red meat, but other chemicals present in all red meat--regardless of quality/ethical-ness--that may be correlated with heart disease?).

And just so I'm not totally off-topic, here's a chicken-beef steak from the blog playing with fire and water: http://www.playingwithfireandwater.com/photos/chicken_beef_steak/beef-chicken-psp.html

I have used meat glue, such as activa, many times. It's okay for some things but find it is over rated and way over used. Also it does tend to change the texture a little. You would be amazed how often you eat it though. Things like pressed hams. A lot of meat companies put terres major's through an extruder and sell it as filet. They don't even try to hide it. I have toured several meat distributors who have bragged about this.

Back