• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Mega’s ‘My Ship Has Come In’ Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregmega

Reaction score
Hey y’all-
Everyone here probably knows by now that I’m unhealthily obsessed with Maz, and a honyaki came up. Please help me help you help me with ending this madness, That means knives are moving. Once the goal is hit, I’ll pull down the rest, and if this isn’t enough more will come up. If the prize weren’t as high, these would stay with me. So here goes.

Fell Knives set of 4 ‘Super Sabs’

This is a group of 4 blanks that spent years in a warehouse in Arizona after they were stashed during WWII, sold to me, lost in Scorpion forge for 2 years, boosted out and kindly heat treated & ground by Nick, who finished them off with a sweet set of African Blackwood handles. Shaved bolsters and a bit of forge scale to keep the story alive. All in all they’re an incredibly handsome set built with an eye for the classic. I’d really like to keep the set intact, so I hope y’all see the value in that as well and kindly oblige the request. Asking 1000usd.

Halcyon Forge K-tip wrought iron clad b1 240/50 gyuto w/ saya SOLD

My first custom from Joe. Luckily I have a few new ones , so that’s nice. Used sparingly and has a patina, never sharpened, just stropped on aizu. Still sharp af, amazing heat treat and beautiful banding that only wagon wheel can do. This knife will cut. Looking for 600.

Aritsugu Tsukiji raindrop pattern damascus 240 yanagiba w/ saya

I picked this one up at the old Tsukiji market during my travels, tested it out while I was learning to roll sushi (but found I like sujis better for that, so back in the box it went), it’s essentially new as I haven’t even opened up the hira yet. Rosewood handle, a real looker. Asking 450.

Togashi full tang 240 yo Honyaki custom with ironwood handle

This one needs no introduction- this was the second one off that line (I believe) and it’s an insane piece of work. I wish I didn’t have to sell this one. Asking 1250.

Watanabe ironclad 225 pro gyuto OG SOLD

This was the last custom ironclad gyuto out of his shop (in his words) before he switched to that stainless prelam tomfoolery. It’s a perfect knife and I should not be selling it. Used lightly, I can remove the light patina if requested. Sharp af and pure performance. Asking 350.

Thanks for all your help over the years, and once again. And there may or may not be a vintage OG Konosuke Fujiyama circa 2015/6, the original in all its glory.

3A33CF13-3F9F-44A9-AFD8-E837FCD7EE15.jpeg
84571CDE-BBC2-4F60-BF37-6CFCB91107B7.jpeg
57D2A140-7189-4DFF-B2B4-67B088672851.jpeg
11EB0CCE-CAF2-487D-9779-539334F3E0F9.jpeg
07CE5D0C-8166-4B61-9720-862772E359A6.jpeg
9D650DE0-3E80-4C1E-891C-376C6B3196F6.jpeg
6D99358A-B8F7-4D5E-A8A2-BC3C58F6FA35.jpeg
4250EFF1-0F23-42E4-A96A-9A4C48A15362.jpeg
EA15766B-1B47-4F54-847C-C8518D082747.jpeg

Last edited:
That Potato is sexy and tempting af.
If any Yanick make the cut list, you let a brotha know.

Thanks all for your messages! I will get back to everyone- didn’t expect such a robust response!!!

Safe to say Halcyon, Wat are spf, with eyes on a few others.

you say it was the last custom Wat ironclad..may i ask when you got the knife..i think it's a pity that he stopped doing it, especially the KU ironclads

you say it was the last custom Wat ironclad..may i ask when you got the knife..i think it's a pity that he stopped doing it, especially the KU ironclads
I believe he made the switch in 2018/9, so that would likely be late summer or fall iirc. I remember he was giving me a hard time because he was or had already made the switch. But that’s Sin for you- he’s kinda always been in his own lane. If I still cooked a line I would certainly have kept my Wats. KU we’re brutal.

I have a twin to this which I purchased used from asheytoclassy in the fall of 2018.otherr than test cuts it sat until I got new stones early 2019. I am pretty sure that it was fairly soon after, that word came out that Sinchi was switching over to stainless clad. If I recall correctly within a few months a few vendors (I believe epicedge was one of them) got a few iron clad in for a brief spell.

That’s
I have a twin to this which I purchased used from asheytoclassy in the fall of 2018.otherr than test cuts it sat until I got new stones early 2019. I am pretty sure that it was fairly soon after, that word came out that Sinchi was switching over to stainless clad. If I recall correctly within a few months a few vendors (I believe epicedge was one of them) got a few iron clad in for a brief spell.
right- I was at the NYC blade show when epic showed up and bought everything off his table.

Thank you for the info.
unfortunately I missed the boat.
hopefully I'll be able to get hold of one someday

Back