Micioarch Knives - Yoshikane Kiritsuke - Asai Santoku - and......

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micioarch

Reaction score
Here some of my knives.
The first one is a Yoshikane SLD 240 mm Kiritsuke from Maxim, it's really amazing you can read my review on his site, I can just add that it work also as slicer beacuse really thin, I love it.

COLTELLI10.jpg

COLTELLI14.jpg

COLTELLI17-Modifica.jpg

COLTELLI19.jpg

COLTELLI20.jpg

The following one is a knife from patagonia,

COLTELLI23.jpg

COLTELLI24.jpg

COLTELLI25.jpg

Masami Azai, santoku, Vg10 . It's double bevel santoku of 165 mm (a little bit small). Is really nice the feeling of the damascus texture under your fingers.

COLTELLI2.jpg

COLTELLI3.jpg

hey.. very nice indeed and good, creative photography. btw.. the butt cap of the horn handle.. is it from a coca cola bottle cap?.. just kidding...

Interested to know how you are maintain such a beautiful knife...
rgds
dl

t

very cool knives and great photography !!!

Beautiful knives and great photos. Thanks for posting.

Pictures are very well done (great props).

I love the pattern on that little santoku.

Thanks for sharing with us!

I'm really happy you like the photos, it was really fun to make them and it's a pleasure to share with you.
The first photos are like a comparison of the knife pattern with the work of Gianbattista Piranesi an Italian architect and engraver born in the XVIII century
(comparison between two art pieces).

In response to zitangy question about the maintain, for the yoshikane I use a yaginoshima (japanese natural stone also from Maxim) and after uchigomori fingerstones.
To maintanin the azai is more difficult, I can just sharpen the microbevel, because the damast pattern is 3d and for now I don't wont to change it's look.
I'm not the best person to ask about the knives maintain.

It's a green hunk of glass, it's a piece of waste material recovered during a visit to a glass factory of Murano, Venice.
Outside of the kiln where they shape the glass there are big tanks with all the failure or the waste material.
I remember there was a rock of glass of 50-60cm with all different color and it was really beautiful, seemed something natural and
if I had the chance I would be brought it home, but it was too sharp and above all really heavy.
If you go to Venice (if you have time) it's worth to visit a glass factory of Murano.

Great pics. I like your santoku. I have a gyuto.

2012-03-06_16-57-20_311.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Very nice knives. I see people still ask about the glass always a hit.

After seeing some really nice picture I decided to upload some picture myself.

Higonokami from Citadel Cambodia maker carbon steel not specified, it's really nice but arrived chipped, I had to repair it and to put inside a smole peace of wood to prevent more damage.

hogonomikamicitadel1.jpg

hogonomikamicitadel2.jpg

hogonomikamicitadel4.jpg

hogonomikamicitadel3.jpg

Yoshikane Santoku 200mm Carbon steel V2, an amazing knife, a beauty and a performer

yoshikanesantoku4.jpg

yoshikanesantoku3.jpg

yoshikanesantoku1.jpg

yoshikanesantoku2.jpg

Here the Azai Santoku reapaired and polished to shigefusa finish by Maksim really e great job. I tried to make the best picture, to show the quility of his work, you can see all the stright line and the contrast of the damascus is incredible. It's even better than the original finish :), at the beginning of this post you can find the original finish

My leatest buy a 207 mm Shigefusa Kitaeji Santoku - it's really an amazing knife

Here some picture of two Marko knife and one Devin all in AEB-L, both gyuto are 225cm

IMG_5855_zpsli1xgqhe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Beautiful knives! I have to ask where did you get that cutting board, I really want one =)

The cutting board is from Indonesia, it's suar wood - rain tree. For it's dimension is quite light, I'll post some more picture.

This thread always tempts me to buy a Yoshikane SLD.

What are you using to photograph your collection? Artfully done.

Thank you for sharing with us!

The Yoshikane SLD is amazing but my suggestion is the v2 version, till now my favourite knife for balance finish and performance.

I use a Nikon D80 with a tripod.

Back