Milan Gravier Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

soigne_west

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Gyuto from this lesser known French smith. In speaking with him, we had quite a good back and forth about knife trends, steels other blacksmiths. He is really a super nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. He has also been a blacksmith for over 10 years and i think he's got some serious skill.

I had originally thought and talked to him about doing a passaround he thought it was a really cool idea. I had planed to get a more "standard" size gyuto for it but thought why not just do one with the knife i just aquired.

I know people think its probably a terrible time for a passaround but I think its actually a great time. A lot of us are at home, moneys tight, and USPS seems to be somewhat keeping their act together and could also use our support.

I was thinking a group of 10-15 people, US only, active well known or senior members. Use the knife for a week, send it to the next person and add some feedback that will be shared with Milan.

Let me know who's interested.

groundrules:
-Use the knife, sharpen it, polish it if that’s your thing, but be a little careful in dense foods. This thing is THIN behind the edge.
-Please insure for $400
-Please make sure the knife is protected in case of longer than expected delivery times (mineral oil, etc)
-Enjoy it, but treat it like your own.
-leave a little review.

List so far

@crockerculinary
@Malcolm Johnson
@M1k3
@Neville Lin —knife is here
@dafox
@tgfencer
@SolidSnake03
@ian
@ExistentialHero
@mise_en_place
@GorillaGrunt
@Matt Zilliox
@thebradleycrew

Last edited:

soigne_west

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If @crockerculinary cool with it, we can start this tomorrow. He lives here in sac and can just hand it off. I suppose it doesn't really matter if it bounces back and forth across the country but i think for the most part well start on the west coast. Order above. If others have interest to join i have no problem with that. Let me know if anyone has and questions or tips or anything like that.

M1k3

Reaction score
^^^^
Should be before or after me.

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is like SC 125 with half the manganese or like 135cr3 without the chromium.

Should be very similar to white 1

Matt Zilliox

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Gyuto from this lesser known French smith. In speaking with him, we had quite a good back and forth about knife trends, steels other blacksmiths. He is really a super nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. He has also been a blacksmith for over 10 years and i think he's got some serious skill.

I had originally thought and talked to him about doing a passaround he thought it was a really cool idea. I had planed to get a more "standard" size gyuto for it but thought why not just do one with the knife i just aquired.

I know people think its probably a terrible time for a passaround but I think its actually a great time. A lot of us are at home, moneys tight, and USPS seems to be somewhat keeping their act together and could also use our support.

I was thinking a group of 10-15 people, US only, active well known or senior members. Use the knife for a week, send it to the next person and add some feedback that will be shared with Milan.

Let me know who's interested.

groundrules:
-Use the knife, sharpen it, polish it if that’s your thing, but be a little careful in dense foods. This thing is THIN behind the edge.
-Please insure for $400
-Please make sure the knife is protected in case of longer than expected delivery times (mineral oil, etc)
-Enjoy it, but treat it like your own.
-leave a little review.

List so far

@crockerculinary
@Malcolm Johnson
@M1k3
@Neville Lin
@dafox
@tgfencer
@ian
@ExistentialHero
@mise_en_place