Milan Gravier Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soigne_west

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Gyuto from this lesser known French smith. In speaking with him, we had quite a good back and forth about knife trends, steels other blacksmiths. He is really a super nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. He has also been a blacksmith for over 10 years and i think he's got some serious skill.

I had originally thought and talked to him about doing a passaround he thought it was a really cool idea. I had planed to get a more "standard" size gyuto for it but thought why not just do one with the knife i just aquired.

I know people think its probably a terrible time for a passaround but I think its actually a great time. A lot of us are at home, moneys tight, and USPS seems to be somewhat keeping their act together and could also use our support.

I was thinking a group of 10-15 people, US only, active well known or senior members. Use the knife for a week, send it to the next person and add some feedback that will be shared with Milan.

Let me know who's interested.

https://www.instagram.com/marteauetenclume/?hl=en
groundrules:
-Use the knife, sharpen it, polish it if that’s your thing, but be a little careful in dense foods. This thing is THIN behind the edge.
-Please insure for $400
-Please make sure the knife is protected in case of longer than expected delivery times (mineral oil, etc)
-Enjoy it, but treat it like your own.
-leave a little review.

List so far

@crockerculinary
@Malcolm Johnson
@M1k3
@Neville Lin —knife is here
@dafox
@tgfencer
@SolidSnake03
@ian
@ExistentialHero
@mise_en_place
@GorillaGrunt
@Matt Zilliox
@thebradleycrew

Last edited:
Specs are 220x58 200g

hereare some photos.
7313FC56-181D-4CA1-9F06-F3CC72144E06.jpeg
948532C0-46E3-4F9A-B103-D56E5DF03038.jpeg
B1641CBC-CC16-42D9-8B7E-4E54E2BFD1B3.jpeg
E8E66B11-E3A2-4AD5-96BE-AFB74A1D300A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A96D3E9-8F03-4B53-80C5-053DF7F2B34E.jpeg
    0A96D3E9-8F03-4B53-80C5-053DF7F2B34E.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 8670DE42-83C3-4FB7-B56C-F33C533FEFE9.jpeg
    8670DE42-83C3-4FB7-B56C-F33C533FEFE9.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 6099CAB5-ED4F-4B12-A272-82C0071E94DC.jpeg
    6099CAB5-ED4F-4B12-A272-82C0071E94DC.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
If @crockerculinary cool with it, we can start this tomorrow. He lives here in sac and can just hand it off. I suppose it doesn't really matter if it bounces back and forth across the country but i think for the most part well start on the west coast. Order above. If others have interest to join i have no problem with that. Let me know if anyone has and questions or tips or anything like that.

I recently purchased a Gyuto from this lesser known French smith. In speaking with him, we had quite a good back and forth about knife trends, steels other blacksmiths. He is really a super nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. He has also been a blacksmith for over 10 years and i think he's got some serious skill.

I had originally thought and talked to him about doing a passaround he thought it was a really cool idea. I had planed to get a more "standard" size gyuto for it but thought why not just do one with the knife i just aquired.

I know people think its probably a terrible time for a passaround but I think its actually a great time. A lot of us are at home, moneys tight, and USPS seems to be somewhat keeping their act together and could also use our support.

I was thinking a group of 10-15 people, US only, active well known or senior members. Use the knife for a week, send it to the next person and add some feedback that will be shared with Milan.

Let me know who's interested.

https://www.instagram.com/marteauetenclume/?hl=en
groundrules:
-Use the knife, sharpen it, polish it if that’s your thing, but be a little careful in dense foods. This thing is THIN behind the edge.
-Please insure for $400
-Please make sure the knife is protected in case of longer than expected delivery times (mineral oil, etc)
-Enjoy it, but treat it like your own.
-leave a little review.

List so far

@crockerculinary
@Malcolm Johnson
@M1k3
@Neville Lin
@dafox
@tgfencer
@ian
@ExistentialHero
@mise_en_place