• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Milan Gravier san mai guyto - Nimble low bevel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrEriksson

Reaction score
I’m into Swedish knives. Or more specifically learning about Swedish knife making. But when I got the chance to try a Milan I just had to jump on it. And I do love this knife, but I also realize that staying Swedish is a way for me to keep spending in check. So, Milan has got to go.

There are two things that have specifically impressed me with this knife. The profile and how nimble it feels. The knife feels really smooth on the cutting board, and the tip is intuitive to use for bell peppers and such. Moreover, the low bevel is really easy to take care of, so the knife can be both a fun polish and a long-time companion in the kitchen. I will miss this knife.

I did a quick polish with aizu. Blade looks really nice, and the pairing with the boxwood is very smart. I don’t think the handle really comes through in pics though.

257 x 52, 229 g. C130, soft steel. Boxwood steel front cap.

Album and timestamp:

I’m asking Euro 750.

Price includes global shipping and payment via Paypal G&S. If shipping fees are low I’ll adjust price accordingly.

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Milan's work. Buy now ask questions later
For real. This knife has thoroughly impressed me. But I’m selling a bunch of Swedes and I know what door I’m opening if I don’t put a Swedish restriction on myself.

Maybe not the right place but what Swedes are left for you to buy? Got a pretty impressive amount of swedish makers already!
No worries, and thank you. I’ve been selling a lot, so the collection is not as big as you might think. I’ve realized that trying knives and learning about makers is what I’m really interested in, so I’ve been selling quite a few knives that I really have enjoyed. While it’s hard to let good knives go, it’s also a nice feeling to sell knives that I know are good.

What to try.
* AG Klint. His work has developed much since I had one of his knives, and I liked the first one very much. Would like to try a new one.
* Anton Eriksson. Tried a PA from him, gave some feedback and will probably try a new one. He has lots of potential.
* Mathias Ekman. One of the makers that I’ve not been able to buy, but his work looks nice.
*AT knives. Not sure how much he will produce, but he’s a really nice guy. He’s very inventive and works in a way that impresses me.
* Tobbe i Åre. Not really looking to buy, but would be interesting to experience one of these knives.

There are a few more, but these come to mind at once.

Knife is sold. Thanks for showing interest in the thread. 10/10 can recommend to try a Milan if you get the opportunity.

For those of you looking for a heftier 270, I still have a Dam up for grabs.

Back