Minonokuni knife brand

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam92

Reaction score
Any familiar with this brand ?

I saw an left handed yanagiba 240mm White#1 only cost less than 300USD.

Hope getting some feedback before i purchase the knife

Minounokuni is brand used by an Echizen maker, Iwai Hamono (aka Kajikoubo Iwai -Blacksmith Studio Iwai).
Presernt;y 3rd Gen is Etsushuu Takayuki and 4th Gen is Iwai Takeshi (probably Takeshi, might be Masaru).
The brand name threw me off because Minounokuni is the province of Minou where Seki is. I didn't expect a maker from the province of Echizen to use such a brand name.

Last edited:
Minounokuni is brand used by an Echizen maker, Iwai Hamono (aka Kajikoubo Iwai -Blacksmith Studio Iwai).
Presernt;y 3rd Gen is Etsushuu Takayuki and 4th Gen is Iwai Takeshi (probably Takeshi, might be Masaru).
The brand name threw me off because Minounokuni is the province if Minou where Seki is. I didn't expect a maker from the province of Echizen to use such a brand name.
Thank you

I own two of these. I think they’re a fairly good bargain for a very functional edge/purpose. I use the el cheapo one to cut things I really shouldn’t, but I don’t care!

Back