Minor complaint re. moderation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

DavidPF

Likes Boring Knives
Reaction score
Sometimes I post off topic. I know that. Sometimes those get deleted. I get that, it has to happen. But it's pretty galling when my off-topic post gets deleted AND the next thing in the thread is a blatantly off-topic and completely useless post by a moderator.

panda

O.G.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes they over step, it be like that.. just let it go.

DavidPF

Likes Boring Knives
Reaction score
I understand the overstepping too, it's impossible to "draw the line" neatly sometimes. It's the very obvious selectiveness of the overstepping that was odd. I'm all better now. :)

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Sometimes I post off topic. I know that. Sometimes those get deleted. I get that, it has to happen. But it's pretty galling when my off-topic post gets deleted AND the next thing in the thread is a blatantly off-topic and completely useless post by a moderator.
Is that the thread that is now closed, and had several of your posts deleted? Or is there another thread? I did see that now closed thread had a post by a mod but I didn't see any off topic or other post on that thread, except the closing post.

DavidPF

Likes Boring Knives
Reaction score
The place where I noticed it wasn't anything controversial or contentious, it was just a normal thread in which I made a harmless silly off-topic joke. And I wouldn't have noticed or cared except seeing that the "comedy police" didn't like my joke AND decided to keep an equally silly and also completely off-topic joke from a moderator. I don't care about the joke - I can't even remember what I said - but I care about the apparent double standard.

If I say something that's actually a problem (rude, fighting, whatever), or if I happen to be on a thread that gets out of control and has to be cut, I completely agree stuff like that needs to be gone immediately. Or if all the off-topic posts are taken out of a thread for readability, I get that. I'm not trying to fight, I don't want my useless post reinstated, just it was a weird thing to see.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Okay, let me know if you see a strong issue, rather than this light issue. Now, have a great weekend and cook something wonderful.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Should you want to apprentice under Michi, you should make appropriate arrangements with him. (There may be a fee involved) He is our resident off topic, irrelevant, senseless, humor professional - and he's licensed.😎.

Rangen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is very common to expect excellent consistency from other people, especially those with some sort of authority, real or perceived.

It is very uncommon for any person to deliver excellent consistency.

TJ Watson

Reaction score
It is very common to expect excellent consistency from other people, especially those with some sort of authority, real or perceived.

It is very uncommon for any person to deliver excellent consistency.
Excellent consistency is easily achieved - just whip briskly until the peaks flatten into the valleys....