• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Miyabi 5000MCD gyuto 24 cm SG-2 63 HRc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrEriksson

Reaction score
Overview
This model is one of the most praised Miyabi knives, made in SG-2, with 100 layers of damascus cladding. Handle is in masur birch. The balance point is where the pinch in the pinch grip is.

Condition
The knife has been my main knife at home, but is well-taken care off. There are some minor scratch marks, and a longer scratch mark near the tip of the blade. I've done my best to capture the marks in the pictures. The print on the blade has been wearing down. The box was initially stored in the kitchen, and somewhere along the line it got some stain marks.

My own thoughts on the knife
If you're looking for this size of a knife, I think this must be up there with the best available knives. At least if compared to other factory-made knives. The balance point of the knife has always made me feel as if the knife "disappears", and it makes the knife less intimidating, despite its length. The handle has darkened over the years, and it is just extremely good looking. This one is a tough one to sell, but as my interest has shifted to Swedish knives, I feel bad for having the Miyabi stored away.

Price
The knife is about Euro 410 on eBay and Euro 4300 new in Sweden. My price is Euro 285, shipping included (I've estimated about Euro 30 for shipping, so a minor reservation if you live in a country with crazy shipping cost). The price will also be listed on a Swedish buy-sell page on Facebook for the same price. Paypal or agreement on other type of transfer.

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2026.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got three Miyabis on sale at the moment. Package deals possible.

Back