• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miyabi 5000s' for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sachem allison

Reaction score
I have a few Miyabi 5000s for sale. I bought these for Christmas presents for a few of my cooks and bought a few extra in case I forgot someone. These are from the same batch that I did the giveaway with.

Gyuto 9.5" $100
gyuto 8" $90
chutoh 6" $70
shotoh 5" $50

miyabis 5000s 001.jpg

miyabis 5000s 002.jpg

miyabis 5000s 003.jpg

miyabis 5000s 004.jpg

miyabis 5000s 005.jpg

miyabis 5000s 006.jpg

miyabis 5000s 007.jpg

miyabis 5000s 008.jpg

miyabis 5000s 009.jpg

miyabis 5000s 010.jpg

miyabis 5000s 011.jpg

miyabis 5000s 012.jpg

miyabis 5000s 013.jpg

miyabis 5000s 014.jpg

miyabis 5000s 015.jpg

miyabis 5000s 016.jpg

miyabis 5000s 017.jpg

miyabis 5000s 018.jpg

Wish my boss gave me a cool Christmas present! You must be a great person/boss...

No , i just remember how it is not to be able to have nice things. I can't buy them a custom or something really special, hell I can't really afford to by them the knives I do. Most of my guys came here with nothing and they work their asses off to take care of their kids or families back home. When I show up to work with a new knife I can see the I wish in their eyes. Along time ago I started giving high quality vintage knives to my cooks, most got it and some didn't.The one's who got it were the ones who were always asking to use my knives because they out performed anything they ever used and they took great care of them. The ones who didn't would say "chef why do you give me a rusty old knife, you have lots of money give me something new." those guys didn't last much longer after that.
Now a day's those vintage knives are getting harder to find, so I literally search the world for deals. I have sources in places you have never heard of. If my chef friends go on vacation I make them search for stuff for me. You never know when it may come in handy. I literally have 7 full kits and 3- 20 gallon rubbermaid containers completely full of just vintage chef knives alone in storage at my dad's house in Cali. I often times give the kits to aspiring culinary students who just can't afford knives and would never consider anything other than a beat up victronox or dexter because that's what they have to work with at the job they end up.
Am I a good person/ boss? Not really, just making up for what I should of done back in the earlier days of my career.

Thank you for the compliment,
son

tkern, just look at it the other way around...it is the beginning of the liquidating of your wallet. Liquidation is freedom....sort of.

k.

Son,

If this is the beginning of you liquidating a bunch of your knives, then my wallet is in deep sh*t.
Just cleaning out the ones in the NYC apartment. I live in the attic :cold:and there isn't any space or furniture for that matter, just a bed and a few full rubbermaid containers of books for tables, nothing else. I keep most of my knives in a pile on the floor and one day in the middle of the night I'm going to step on one. I need to avoid that.:bigeek:

Just cleaning out the ones in the NYC apartment. I live in the attic :cold:and there isn't any space or furniture for that matter, just a bed and a few full rubbermaid containers of books for tables, nothing else. I keep most of my knives in a pile on the floor and one day in the middle of the night I'm going to step on one. I need to avoid that.:bigeek:

Jeez...why the ascetic lifestyle?

Stefan
Jeez...why the ascetic lifestyle?

+1

But then again, I just saw this one. Still wondering how much this woman pays for her place.

[video=youtube;JZSdrtEqcHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU[/video]

O.k., back on topic now :sofa: Great deals on these knives!

Stefan

Stefan

+1

But then again, I just saw this one. Still wondering how much this woman pays for her place.

[video=youtube;JZSdrtEqcHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU[/video]

O.k., back on topic now :sofa: Great deals on these knives!

Stefan

I know about twenty people who live that way.

Price drop
9.5 gyuto $90
8 gyuto $75
6 chotoh $60
5 shotoh $45

Or we can work out a better discount if you by more then 1. come on guys got some medical bills to pay.lol

will, sell the whole set for $240.00 and the 12 in sabatier for $90. need to pay for my refurbished heart.

I'll take the 9.5 gyuto off you hands if it's still available.

I have been waiting patiently for my income tax check to get here so I can buy one of these. The price is right for me to do some comparison of the styles.

No , i just remember how it is not to be able to have nice things. I can't buy them a custom or something really special, hell I can't really afford to by them the knives I do. Most of my guys came here with nothing and they work their asses off to take care of their kids or families back home. When I show up to work with a new knife I can see the I wish in their eyes. Along time ago I started giving high quality vintage knives to my cooks, most got it and some didn't.The one's who got it were the ones who were always asking to use my knives because they out performed anything they ever used and they took great care of them. The ones who didn't would say "chef why do you give me a rusty old knife, you have lots of money give me something new." those guys didn't last much longer after that.
Now a day's those vintage knives are getting harder to find, so I literally search the world for deals. I have sources in places you have never heard of. If my chef friends go on vacation I make them search for stuff for me. You never know when it may come in handy. I literally have 7 full kits and 3- 20 gallon rubbermaid containers completely full of just vintage chef knives alone in storage at my dad's house in Cali. I often times give the kits to aspiring culinary students who just can't afford knives and would never consider anything other than a beat up victronox or dexter because that's what they have to work with at the job they end up.
Am I a good person/ boss? Not really, just making up for what I should of done back in the earlier days of my career.

Thank you for the compliment,
son

This is very inspiring. I recently bought one of the new young cooks a starter set of Misono's(8 inch chef, 6 inch petty, 3.5 paring). And the look in their eyes when they opened the boxes was more than worth the $150 I'd spent.

This is very inspiring. I recently bought one of the new young cooks a starter set of Misono's(8 inch chef, 6 inch petty, 3.5 paring). And the look in their eyes when they opened the boxes was more than worth the $150 I'd spent.
Nice. Makes me believe in humanity.

Ok what is left with this set? My tax check should be here some time this week. (crosses fingers. hopes irs gets its head our of....) I am still interested.

Got the knives yesterday. Going to sharpen them up and gift them out tomorrow. They should make great knives for the guys to learn on. Thanks so much I know they're excited as hell about it.

Got the knives yesterday. Going to sharpen them up and gift them out tomorrow. They should make great knives for the guys to learn on. Thanks so much I know they're excited as hell about it.

I'm glad you got them, they will make good starter knives. my guys love them.
son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back