Quantcast

SOLD Miyabi 7000MCD santoku 18 cm ZDP-189 66 HRc rare model

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

DrEriksson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overview
Rare model from Miyabi, made in XDP-189, with a bit over 150 layers damacus cladding. Handle is in some sort of micarta. Compared to the new 5000MCD-black that I've seen, the blade on the 7000MCD seems thinner. The balance point is on the handle side of the bolster. The blade is very stiff.

Condition
The knife has some scratch marks, which I've done my best to get on picture. There's also a small dark spot on the blade. It seems like a discoloration from the box, but I'm not sure. The box was initially stored in the kitchen, and somewhere along the line it got some stain marks.

My own thoughts on the knife
I think this is a really good knife it you want the highest-end Japanese factory knife. Materials make it a good knife if you you want something that is stain resistant.

Price
I looked at pricespy (old price due to discontinuation), and the price of the 5000MCD black, and both are around Euro 4000 new. My price is Euro 275, shipping included (I've estimated about Euro 30 for shipping, so a minor reservation if you live in a country with crazy shipping cost). The price will also be listed on a Swedish buy-sell page on Facebook for the same price.

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

IMG_2018.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

Last edited:

DrEriksson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got three Miyabis on sale at the moment. Package deals possible.