• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Miyabi Birchwood (5000MCD) SG2 8" Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus1935

Reaction score
Have to admit that I purchased this knife due to its aesthetics - the pronounced damascus and birchwood handle make for a beautiful knife. However, after using it once upon receipt, I stored it away because it was "too pretty to use". I'm always trying to convince my wife that I'm not a collector of knives - so this one has to go since I'm not actually using it.

The knife still looks like new when it arrived, in the original packaging. It currently retails for $280, selling mine for $210 USD including shipping within CONUS. Sold!

IMG_20210310_174521.jpg

IMG_20210310_174535.jpg

IMG_20210310_174602.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knife I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I have some really nice knives. Funny thing the other day some friend of ours came over for a cook out. I made sure the knives I used were aesthetically conservative. Why is that?? Just thinking off cuff.

It has been awhile but I used to own one of these. Great knife very utilitarian. The R2 great edge retention. Some of the older R2 prone to micro chipping. But they usually finds there stride after the first progression. Good price

Back