• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miyabi Black 9.5" Bread Knife: Damascus Clad + HRC 66 Core (ZDP-189?) - New

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale: Miyabi Black 9.5" Bread Knife: Damascus Clad + HRC 66 Core (ZDP-189?)

Knife is brand new, but taken out of the box to inspect. I got it as a gift but I just don't cut bread as much thee days.

The handle looks to be like burl wood (could be wrong), damascus pattern is very nice and core is HRC66, someone said it's ZDP-189 but I can;t be sure. Mine is not from a set and will come with it's own box (it is distressed, however)

Please see pics for the details. One of the pics seems to show blade damage, but it's not, just covered by foam:)

I would like $290 shipped for it in USA, outside it's+ $32 via priority mail

PrZNybx.jpg

tnYOWVV.jpg

The blades are slightly thicker and the knife is a little heavier than the Birchwood series. The Blacks Damascus is good looking but slightly "grabby", this was greatly improved by a light sanding wth a 6000 grit sanding pad. Smoothed out the blade finish with no appreciable effect on the lookout the Damascus. I purchased three sets and pieced them out on eBay so I saw about 30 of these. There was a huge variation in the quality of the wood used in the handles. Some were absolutely gorgeous and others butt ugly wood with filled cracks and knot holes (shocked they made it through quality control). Mineral oil completely changes and improves the look of the wood (like the Birchwoods). I assume the wood is basically raw/unfinished.
The 240mm Gyuto I kept is a good cutter and the D handle fits me hand well. I haven't sharpened it yet. I do wish the blade was as thin as the Birchwoods.

If I didn't just buy a Watanabe bread sword, I'd be all over this. Glws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back