• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Miyabi Mizu SG2 paring knife 3.5"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've been interested in trying the 9.5" gyuto from this mizu line, see how it compares in thickness, weight, and grind to the birchwood, with the same sg2 steel but so much more expensive. i realize people on this forum don't much like miyabi, but i think some of them are interesting and worthwhile. best of luck with the sale.

i've been interested in trying the 9.5" gyuto from this mizu line, see how it compares in thickness, weight, and grind to the birchwood, with the same sg2 steel but so much more expensive. i realize people on this forum don't much like miyabi, but i think some of them are interesting and worthwhile. best of luck with the sale.

I think the birchwood are overpriced but i had got a Mizu Chef 8" on sale in the past and it's really a killer knife for $150 on sale. The edge retention, the sharpness is top notche. I had masamoto tsukiji V1 gyuto but the blade profile the low profile height of the blade never got me. Sadly these Mizu SG2 paring knife are fatty blade profile compared to other line like Kaizen so didn't use much.
I don;t think Miyabi is a hate brand. Honestly it's great quality.

I have never tried the 9.5" gyuto from the mizu line but the 8" is high recommended and on sale i see on Cutlery and more

Thanks

thank you so much. yes, i saw the cutlery-and-more mizus on sale earlier, even lower price over christmas, but wasn't sure if i should try, because there were hints online that that blade/grind was thicker and not as good as the birchwood, even though they have the same cutting core. i should have just tried it when the 9.5" was at a really low price. i think also the balance might be even nicer than the 8" because i've noticed a lot of times that all kinds of zwilling-made knives are handle heavy at the smaller sizes but nicely balanced when the blade is longer. take care, and thanks again for your comments.

Back