• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Mizuno dx KS profile

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, just a quick 2 min test and I decided to put this up for sale. The knife is basically bnib. I washed and oiled it after test cuts zero patina never sharpened. Saya included. Retails for $620 I’m asking $580 shipped. Any right handed person that enjoys KS profiled knives will love this.
Thanks

Last edited:
Here’s the condition after 2 min testing
8ED46F80-2D0F-4006-A405-0618F0949F9C.jpeg
97821CD5-ADAE-4C61-9B91-E42D5E827CE8.jpeg

Haha it’s my own fault on this one. Vendor stated “Mizuno knives are ground for right handed user but edge bevel is suitable for left handed user also” or something like that. I took a chance.

I think something is maybe being lost in translation.

I think it is a wide bevel with shinogi line according to this post for more detailed info, but maybe it’s also a convex, I dunno. A great looking knife:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/mizuno-dx-line-non-suminagashi.41927/

Here is user review from that thread

...Feeling the super smooth convex of the right blade face it is immediately recognizable as Mizuno. The weight and the convex feel made me think it was a thick knife. But as you can see from the choil it is quite trim at the edge. F&F is more in line with the Blue #2 series than with Suminigashi or Honyaki lines which is to say good, not great. But the grind is more like my memory of the suminigashi or blue Honyaki I had ...

Found the source of confusion:
Mizuno Blue #1 Dx Gyuto w/ shinogi. These don't "really come with a shinogi". But my man, Kevin Pelligrino @ Murdersharp put one on there. And then some. It's better than new. Cool patina too.[/URL]
And so then this knife ended up with LucasFur.
... i got this one because i wanted to learn to work with Shinogi after purchasing a togo reigo with shinogi ... https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...om-grind-shinogi-added-from-murdersharp.37900
It was re-ground but nothing i wouldnt have done myself given enough time. I liked it so much i ordered a mizuno honyaki blue 2...
So I would reference Chuckles review, along with the OP's pics and OP review, etc as primary evidence of this version of the Mizuno.

Back