SOLD Mizuno Tanrenjo Akitada "Special Custom Order "KS-Style"" Ao Hagane DX Blue Steel No.1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine too.

Don’t listen to @thebradleycrew, with his strange preference for gyuleavers (or clutos or soba-kyutos?). This knife has the perfect height for the profile. It’s beautiful.

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then it will go from your “go to” to your ... to your .... “GONE TO” Knife!!!! There is something truly sad about that .... sniff .... sniff .... sniff! I think I need a drink I’m so sad!

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of a taper, it starts pretty thin, you can see some on the bottom balance pic. I'll take some more when I get home tonight. Found choil on my phone though.

IMG_20191120_192400.jpg

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is some taper, but not dramatic.

3.1 mm out of a handle
2.85 mm above the heel
2.2 mm closer to the middle
1.65-1.7mm 30 mm from the tip

The bad picture might make it look slightly more tapered. Can't get my phone to focus on the spine.

IMG_20200216_091551.jpg

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In small part because of this

upload_2020-2-18_17-4-0.jpeg

They are actually similar in use in many ways Mizuno being lighter and me preferring heavier, but mizuno is balanced perfectly for me, so I could go either way.

Mainly because sooner or later I sell all knives. For me it is not about finding the perfect knife, but trying different ones, if I am being honest with myself. Any of the knives I have and most that l’ve sold are more than enough for what I do and need, and I mean significantly more than enough. So to buy new ones I need to sell the ones I have, that’s basically it¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do get your meaning though and might very well keep it for now, if it doesn’t sell in the next few days it is really very good.

panda

O.G.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the other knife? the profile looks awesome

im shocked no one has pouncecd on this yet to be honest, it's a sign, keep it!!

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump for the weekend, then I am pulling it, will use until they are not made anymore and everyone wants one:LOL:

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey you! Yes, you! The one reading this post that thought about buying the knife, but decided not to! You may think you are smart! But you are not! This knife will complete you! It will become you!

Ok, so maybe I’m a Mizuno evangelist. So what. This knife is all that.

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mizuno absolutely rocks ... if I didn’t already have three Mizuno gyutos this puppy would already be headed for my collection.