Mizuno Tanrenjo Price Increase

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

JayS20

Reaction score
Interesting. I wanted to try one, should have bought one in December when there was the 5% discount. Didn't know the prices would increase in January.
A Blue#2 240mm was 390$, with the discount 372$. In January they were 440$ so you had an increasement of over 10%. For me that is close to 80€ more.
Now they go again up by 20%. That's a no from me, no longer interested.
Would I have read they would increase that much in January I would have bought one in December sale.

adam92

Reaction score
I sold my Mizuno petty ,they're not friendly to lefty.😭

mikemac

Reaction score
I received the same email, and...all individual opinions about the price, value, quality, etc. not withstanding...

Koki, and japanesechefsknife.com have been a trusted loyal friend of this community for decades, and is giving fair notice of an upcoming price increase for one of his core lines.

For those interested, its nice to get the 'heads up'

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for a while if I should get one; the only Mizuno I’ve had was a Blue 1 san mai KS style and I bought that very close in time to my Raquin: two ~250mm gyuto, both very pointy, both thin but not lasers, Raquin is taller, so I let it go. Now I guess would be the time — Let’s have a Mizuno debate?

Wahnamhong

Reaction score
Saw the mail too, and yes nice gesture by Koki. I bought a blue #1 210mm a few months ago, right at the same time when buying a Watanabe. Been thinking about selling the Mizuno, but will now probably wait until the price increase is a fact.

moderncooking

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey @JayS20 @GorillaGrunt we are actually doing a last call on these at the current pricing less 5% if you are still keen.