Mizuno Tanrenjo Price Increase

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I wanted to try one, should have bought one in December when there was the 5% discount. Didn't know the prices would increase in January.
A Blue#2 240mm was 390$, with the discount 372$. In January they were 440$ so you had an increasement of over 10%. For me that is close to 80€ more.
Now they go again up by 20%. That's a no from me, no longer interested.
Would I have read they would increase that much in January I would have bought one in December sale.

I sold my Mizuno petty ,they're not friendly to lefty.😭

I received the same email, and...all individual opinions about the price, value, quality, etc. not withstanding...

Koki, and japanesechefsknife.com have been a trusted loyal friend of this community for decades, and is giving fair notice of an upcoming price increase for one of his core lines.

For those interested, its nice to get the 'heads up'

I’ve wondered for a while if I should get one; the only Mizuno I’ve had was a Blue 1 san mai KS style and I bought that very close in time to my Raquin: two ~250mm gyuto, both very pointy, both thin but not lasers, Raquin is taller, so I let it go. Now I guess would be the time — Let’s have a Mizuno debate?

Saw the mail too, and yes nice gesture by Koki. I bought a blue #1 210mm a few months ago, right at the same time when buying a Watanabe. Been thinking about selling the Mizuno, but will now probably wait until the price increase is a fact.

Back