Quantcast

Mobile Users?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
For you guys who view the forum on mobile devices, how is your experience?

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
Works pretty well for me. When my phone (iPhone) isn't on wifi it can be a little slow to load. Other than that it does well.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I view it 90 % of the time from a mobile device. From an android phone or ipad I have never had any issues. It is much easier to view from my phone than kf was.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
I lost track of that: Are we using Tapatalk or Forumrunner? No problems on the Ipad through the browser, but if we use one of the forum programs, I would switch over.

Stefan

Potato42

Reaction score
Works fine for me. Anything in particular you're wondering about Dave?

unkajonet

Founding Member
Reaction score
Using a Droid X. Works absolutely fine. Loads a lot faster than KF ever did.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Anything in particular you're wondering about Dave?

I was informed by the forum software folks that they just released an app that is available to purchase and upload but I'm wondering if this is necessary. I just want to make sure that the forum is mobile friendly is all.

Potato42

Reaction score
I gotcha. Honestly as long as it works I'm good. Most of the helpers apps for forums and such dumb things down to make it easier, but they inevitably end up annoying me by oversimplifying. I'm sure others may have a different opinion.

jaybett

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Motorola Xoom. So far no problems browsing the forums.

Jay

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm using an Droid incredible and have no problem viewing the site. Posting can be difficult though. I sometimes lose the script field while I'm writing a post. I would buy the app to try it. If it works better I'll keep it.

Pesky

joyless

Reaction score
Tapatalk is enabled here.
sorry for bumping old thread, but i figured its better than starting a new one.
am i doing something wrong, or is Tapatalk not enabled? i can't seem to find KKF via Tapatalk iPhone app.

if Tapatalk is not supported, any chance it will be? KKF is last one i read regularly that doesn't support Tapatalk :)

K9drivr

Reaction score
I can't imagine an app would be worth it. I have never had any problems with the site when using mobile devices...

jayhay

Reaction score
Everything works great here on multiple android devices and an iPad. The only thing I don't like when forums activate the tapatalk option is it throws a pops up notice every time you access the site from a mobile device. Maybe that can be deactivated on the back end, which I would recommend. I'm not all that familiar with vBulletin, but it's one of the best and I'd guess the option is there.

DeepCSweede

Reaction score
No problems on my I-phone - I wouldn't bother investing the money, I am fine with current functionality.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
it's fine on a larger device like my Nook...but from the phone it could be more mobile friendly. That's only 5-10% of my usage though.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Please don't change this! I absolutely hate mobile sites.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
I would prefer mobile support as when I try to respond to PMs or even regular posts on my phone (HTC One X w/ Android), things can get wonky and annoying.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I'm working on a mobile app that's in the approval process now. I will keep you all updated.

pitonboy

Reaction score
iPhone use is just fine and I don't know that an app would be any improvement

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I find that apps are usually better, particularly on a tablet where they can be customized. Difficultly is in getting them to a point where they work well and that usually takes a long time and a lot of iterations. Having said that, not sure if it's worth it for KKF.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
Every time I have visited a forum with a mobile app, I get a prompt that says "this forum has a mobile app, would you like to download it?" So it's not like if you prefer the regular site you won't be able to access it once we have mobile support.

jayhay

Reaction score
Every time I have visited a forum with a mobile app, I get a prompt that says "this forum has a mobile app, would you like to download it?" So it's not like if you prefer the regular site you won't be able to access it once we have mobile support.
But you would be asked every time you visit the site. Which, IMO, is annoying as hell.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
If you enable cookies and tell it no you should not presented it again on most apps.