• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD More Dank Gyutos (Big Price Drops)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As per usual, I overbought, and some stuff has to go. Most of these I have bought on sale, so I will pass the savings on to you and take a bit more off. These are all in new condition. Prices include USA shipping. Discounts available for payment methods that do not charge fees.

#1. 250x54mm Carter Cutlery Muteki Gyuto by Taylor. I missed having a Muteki so I grabbed this one as I loved the profile...but then decided to go full yolo and buy a Carter Master Smith, so this one should be set free. Super nice polished belt finish, awesome profile, very thin and even grind. Very pretty curly walnut handle. Stainless clad white 1 with a hard heat treat, what could be wrong?

Full specs here: 9.84″ Muteki #4915 Gyuto by Taylor

List price $650, take it for 475 shipped. $400 for a black friday deal.

muteki6.jpg

muteki7.jpg

Alright for these guys, I couldn't decide which to keep and which to sell, so will list both and probably take the other off the market when one sells.

SOLD #2. Hatsukokoro Komorebi Blue 1 Suminigashi Gyuto. Measurements are 217mm x 53mm (oversized 210). This has the nicest damascus I have seen out of Japan. I bought this, and a santoku and decided since I have less santoku, might as well keep that one and list this one. Great fit and finish, super thin grind. Damascus is so shiny its hard to take a picture of. Beautiful custom Masur Birch handle.

List price of these is around $550 (taken from carbon, they are sold out), and this has a custom handle. Listing for $450 shipped. SOLD

hats1.jpg

hats3.jpg

hats4.jpg

hats6.jpg

Lastly is a Hatsukokoro Shinkiro (Nihei Aogami Super Dammy Clad Gyuto). 245x50mm. Another beauty with mirror polished dama core, and a beautiful Box Elder Burl handle. Retail was $529, take it for 30% off: $369 shipped. SOLD

nihei3.jpg

nihei2.jpg

nihei4.jpg

Attachments

• hats5.jpg
    hats5.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Fire sale alert for early black friday...Both of these wil be dropped to 40% of their new price. $400 for Muteki, $315 for the Shinkiro...the custom handle is worth at least $150, it's gorgeous. Buy both and save even more.

Last edited:
Ridiculous deal on the Shinkiro at this price. I don't think you can get this much bling + performance at anywhere near this price elsewhere. Muteki probably is as well but I'm less familiar with those
The Muteki will outcut most things at the price range it's at especially for the size and profile which is perfect imo, I think it's a steal, as well as with the Shinkiro of course. Appreciate the signal boost!

End my suffering and take this muteki for $365 which is almost half off for a new knife. Nothing in this size class will outcut this, or have a better heat treat for this price.

Back