Media More on Bon Appétit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is you haven’t worked for any actual good chefs.
I said worked with, not for. And no, I have not worked for a Michelin star chef, but the one I worked for longest and most respected was a quiet, withdrawn and kind man at a fine dining restaurant in my city.

I said worked with, not for. And no, I have not worked for a Michelin star chef, but the one I worked for longest and most respected was a quiet, withdrawn and kind man at a fine dining restaurant in my city.

I wasn't taking a shot at you, and I can careless about a Michelin star. I also don't take substance abuse lightly or the things that cause them. I just mean theres a lot more to being a chef than cooking some food. Someone who's coked up all the time and can't control their emotions is probably not someone who's getting the most out their kitchen.

he's a gross sloppy mess. I hate working with messy ass chefs/cooks, it's so irritating.

I'm not a fan either, but to be fair it's a TV persona. It works for the hipster bumpkin from the midwest (or in his case bum**** Canada) trying to make it in brooklyn and looking to VICE for aesthetics croud. Fat loud irreverence is not a hard act...if you ever see him out of his element he's a lame little ***** like that episode on BA where he and Brad went noodling for catfish.

may I ask why not in your opinion? I generally enjoy his content, but curious to why others may not, other than him swearing and having a..... loud personality.
in my experience, swearing, quirky, coked up and loud d!ckheads have been some of the best chefs I have ever worked with.
Defensive much? 🤔

I'm not a fan either, but to be fair it's a TV persona. It works for the hipster bumpkin from the midwest (or in his case bum**** Canada) trying to make it in brooklyn and looking to VICE for aesthetics croud.
TV is not real life. Try making it when your staff walks out on you because you wanted to be that TV personality.

TV is not real life. Try making it when your staff walks out on you because you wanted to be that TV personality.

Yeah, but if you walk out on the ranch it's a long way to town.

sorry if I offended anyone, I am less experienced than a lot of people here not just in Knives I am first to admit that.
I only wished to share my opinion, I will hold back in future 😁

I guess to some there is merit in trying to hold/ keep down 50% of the population.

The incredibly vital work women do raising children is not being "hold/ keep down". That is a poisonous perspective on the endeavor for which women are naturally, physically, and psychologically most suited for. Just as one wouldn't expect a woman to be the strongest weightlifter, neither would one expect a man to be the strongest at childrearing. I honor and have the utmost respect for women and mothers. Being able to create and raise new human beings is pretty much like having a superpower. Unfortunately, some loud (and I believe minority) voices, like to denigrate and subvert this role for women to the detriment of both women and society as a whole.

The conversation and perspective has been shifted and poisoned so much over the years that it sounds misogynistic to say that being a mother is the best thing a woman can do. Being a mother is much less not a bad thing, but it's an incredible challenge...it takes courage, perseverance, intelligence, experience, intuition and knowledge if you want to raise a healthy well-adjusted human being. A woman spending her fertile years partying and/or working for some corporation is the easy thing to do and yet we honor it as "freedom" and actually call it good.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan either, but to be fair it's a TV persona. It works for the hipster bumpkin from the midwest (or in his case bum**** Canada) trying to make it in brooklyn and looking to VICE for aesthetics croud. Fat loud irreverence is not a hard act...if you ever see him out of his element he's a lame little ***** like that episode on BA where he and Brad went noodling for catfish.
Think I read somewhere he was being likened to Anthony Bourdain. Loud, foul mouthed and passionate about food. They just show it in different ways.

Think I read somewhere he was being likened to Anthony Bourdain. Loud, foul mouthed and passionate about food. They just show it in different ways.
Don't like Bourdain either. Don't wanna get into the pedophile cults or whatever the conspiracies are about what they are all into. If you've ever seen a him visit (aka get drunk in) a country you personally know intimately, you realize the presentation is all 100% ******** and does not reflect whatsoever how everyday life really is like there. It's either at the most superficial level or completely fabricated. Most TV writers are complete drug-addled or fresh-from-school hacks (or likely both).

Last edited:
LOL, yeah. Exactly like that Q-Anon characterisation, for sure.
I thought it was common knowledge that he was a hardcore drug user and that his girlfriend sexually assaulted an underaged person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back