• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Moritaka 270 **Blue 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparten007

It’s all about the man behind the forge….
Banned
Reaction score
Up for grab is a:
Moritaka 270 AS
Size: 270X57
Value: $300 FREE SHIPPING CONUS.
NOW $280

Used once on vegetable to test it, extremely sharp and nimble for its size but a workhorse.

One of those buys that I have no idea the inspiration behind it. Early one just bought several just based on first impression similar to buying wine if the label is cool enough (So far it has been a good experience).

Thanks for looking!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
What's the weight and spine thickness if I may ask? Was the kurouchi removed?

it’s 4mm at the handle
It weights 250 grams.

Editing to address the KU. Blade has not been modified to touched by stone and or abrasives. It’s a darker KU in person that in the pictures I posted due to tensity of light perhaps.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Friday Bump - reduced by $20 now $280 let’s get this to a good home!!

Are you sure this isn't Aogami #2 Series as the engraving has the little flower?

thats what I was told when I bought it, I bought this couple of years ago and many many afterward so I tried to locate the source and could not.

this is my only blade from Moritaka.

if not Aogami 2 then what?

Ah you have written AS in the title which usually mean Aogami Super. Moritaka also does an AS series. Hence the question.

All I know it was presented to me as AS

Pre weekend bump!!
This blade is undoubtably a contender against some in 6 to 700 range. You have 30 days return if you did not like it. I am that confident.

Yea from their website, the kanji looks consistent with the Blue 2 rather than AS versions. Do you have a link to the original listing you purchased from where they claim AS?

I have tried to remember where I got it from but for the life of me I can’t find it, if you are certain then B2 is the core which is not too shabby either I will change the title, but using so many blue one, this one is much crisper in use. I don’t want to go down the rabbit whole of opinions where one can not possibly tell the difference between blue2 and AS… etc. but just sharing my personal experience. This thing has a very impressive edge.

I will be on a hunt in my emails to find a clue perhaps where it came from.

I know it was from a retailer for sure.

thanks for your feedback!!

Don’t think anyone has gone down a rabbit hole of opinions on Blue 2 vs AS - I think they’re just looking for an accurate description since there is a disparity based on your pictures versus what you say was “presented” to you. No harm in asking for a fully accurate listing, even if you were told otherwise at purchase.

Long overdue for a Bumb and with a new price of $260

Back