Most Awe Inspiring Collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of which, @valgard can you take a pic of all your knives on a cloth in the driveway like you did with the stones? That would look awesome.
I never seem to have all my knives at home (there's like 10 of them out on loans + waiting for woodwork). By the time they're back it will be minus a gazillion degrees outside so unlikely I'll get a pic like that any time soon 😔.

PS: @M1k3 not the most impressive collection by a long shot haha, but happy you appreciate it.

I never seem to have all my knives at home (there's like 10 of them out on loans + waiting for woodwork). By the time they're back it will be minus a gazillion degrees outside so unlikely I'll get a pic like that any time soon 😔.

PS: @M1k3 not the most impressive collection by a long shot haha, but happy you appreciate it.
You have some of the nicest knives that I personally wouldn't leave as unicorn drawer queens.

There was one person I saw (can't remember which forum either), but they had the same nakiri all the way from 165mm to 270mm I think.

It was an old post.

Truly glorious.

And who wrote the Fujiyama thread, Omega was it? That’s an impressive collection from a whole different angle - might not be any Ashi honyaki or Bob Kramer in there but theres something to be said for having a desirable knife in almost every steel from almost every year

I looked through the personal galleries of some members here and smiled when I saw threads like @IsoJ 's. I found @valgard 's particularly inspiring, with the added pics of sayas and stones, like his favorite Natsuya striped mid-grit.

I never thought along the lines of "awe inspiring" though, since a collection of knives might do that more in terms of the space needed to display or even store them, and the complaints about the bad feng shui of so many exposed blades in a room. What inspires me is the way a member talks about his collection and when you can feel the care taken for the knives. If you felt a small personal connection looking through pics and posts about the collection, that is awe inspiring for me.

Nobody has a more awe inspiring collection than @ma_sha1. What he does with his knives is the definition of awe inspiring, giving us all a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.

Back