D. Martell Moving Shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm VERY relieved and can't wait to get going again. I'm nervous that the first knife I touch will go badly.

I'm VERY relieved and can't wait to get going again. I'm nervous that the first knife I touch will go badly.

I certainly hope not, since I think it's mine! Sharpen a few people's knives first, if you need to get something out of your system. :stinker:

On the other hand, many there's some "new shop magic" in the air and your first work back will be exemplary. Either way, glad you've got a new place.

Congrats Dave, I hope this will all be working out great for you and your girls. Just checked, it looks at least as 'country' as Fleetwood, I hope the USPS office is on top of things out there, you will probably be their biggest customer ;) Are you renting or buying?

Stefan

Congrats Dave, I hope this will all be working out great for you and your girls. Just checked, it looks at least as 'country' as Fleetwood, I hope the USPS office is on top of things out there, you will probably be their biggest customer ;) Are you renting or buying?

Stefan

Unfortunately renting.

Yeah I hope the USPS is on point here, I see they use Jeeps to get up the dirt roads. :D

If you weren't so public with your move, I'd think you might be in the Federal witness protection program. :scared2:

The local USPS office is gonna have to get another jeep just to service Dave's deliveries :)

From my experience the smaller post offices are way better than those in the larger towns.

From my experience the smaller post offices are way better than those in the larger towns.

I really hope so, I just screamed at my post office person who insisted that she needs to send a package back to Japan today because I had not picked it up within five days - ignoring the fact that I never got a notice and when I went there last Saturday to ask about it, they did not find it...

Stefan

For the most part I've had great experiences with small town post offices. I've had some real bad delivery men though.

Yay congrats!!! It's not too far from my family in VA either ;)

so not to be inappropriate at all.. but is there currently a wait list for services? If so, how do I get on it.. if not, when will There be?

so not to be inappropriate at all.. but is there currently a wait list for services? If so, how do I get on it.. if not, when will There be?

Hi ubc,
The answer will depend on what you're looking to get done. Simple jobs like sharpening are quick and can be sent in anytime whereas rehandles, blade thinning, knifemaking will have a list.

If you'd like to talk in more detail you can shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks for your inquiry & welcome to KKF!

Dave

Man, I hate moving... Good luck and a good new beginning down there!

Stefan

Hi ubc,
The answer will depend on what you're looking to get done. Simple jobs like sharpening are quick and can be sent in anytime whereas rehandles, blade thinning, knifemaking will have a list.

If you'd like to talk in more detail you can shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks for your inquiry & welcome to KKF!

Dave

I was in talks with you about thinning/sharpening my Hiromoto AS Gyuto back in January but that email seems to be dead now

Look what we got today...

images

:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:

I guess it's official!

PS, I just 3D printed a copy of your keys from your image. I'm going to drop by and show myself around. Hope you're looking for a new apprentice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back