MTC 20% Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting. This prompted me to pull the trigger on a Hasegawa cutting board from MTC Kitchen.

MTC is having another 20% off storewide sale, with some exclusions, through 5/1/20 at noon ET:

20% discount valid on select items** with SAKURA20 at mtckitchen.com. Promo code must be entered at checkout to receive a discount.
Offer valid until May 1, 2020, 12:00 pm ET

**Select Items excluded (Takamura/Tsukiji Masamoto/Sukenari/Kintaro/Nenox/Mert Tansu knives, Suehiro Gokumyo, Binchotan charcoal, Charcoal grills, Zojirushi/Panasonic/Nekken rice cookers & warmers, Spare pans and parts for rice cookers, Atago refractometers, Disposables, Countertop sushi cases, Super Freezers, Foods, and Clearance items.).

*No adjustments to previous purchases. *Discounts cannot be combined with any other offers. *Sale items cannot be returned.​

I really needed to replace my two atomas so I just did it.. the best deal on them I could find anywhere. The 140 I have now I’ll probably just save for a slurry plate.

this was great, got the best prices on my Shapton 1k / 5k + Tsukiji Masamoto Stone Fixer by far. Package was well packaged, but took 2 weeks to arrive. They also weren't answering any phone calls and emails took 3-5 days to get a response.

There sale expired the day before they notified me that the Hasegawa cutting board was back in stock. I had asked them if they gave rainchecks but they told me the sale was for in stock items (not items they had but didn't put in inventory yet).

My hasegawa is waiting for me at the house. Can’t wait to test it out!

Am I mistaken or did mtc originally offer the 20% sale extension through the entire month of may only to cut it short?

The EXTEND20 sale is not valid so I assume they discontinued it or a hasegawa would be on the way to me.

My hasegawa is waiting for me at the house. Can’t wait to test it out!

Am I mistaken or did mtc originally offer the 20% sale extension through the entire month of may only to cut it short?
They did extend it, until 5/14 ot 5/15th. I was debating getting another order in for another Shapton stone, but their problem is getting to $100 to get free shipping. i coudn't find anything to tack on to make it worth my while, then the sale expired so i just stopped thinking about it.
The EXTEND20 sale is not valid so I assume they discontinued it or a hasegawa would be on the way to me.

whatrs so good about a Hasegawa cutting board vs a John Boos block or some other wood board?

Hasegawa should easy on knives and to sanitize, and the pricier wood core models are not prone to warping like hi soft or Sani-tuff, even dishwasher-safe which is huge for pros especially. I’ve had sanituff warp just from storing upright warm from hand washing. Hasegawa should be lighter than those solid synthetic boards too. End grain is nice cutting veg and maybe cooked proteins at home, but there’s sanitation concerns, especially in a pro kitchen and working with raw protein. They’re pretty lax in my state on that, but I think lot of health codes wouldn’t even allow wood boards. End grain is generally really heavy when it comes time to clean, and of course require extra maintenance, however limited. I’d like to pick up a hasegawa one of these days.

I’ve only used crap boards my entire life so I can’t really compare to other things at the hasegawa price. But yeah it’s quite the difference maker.

LMK when MTC kitchen has another 20% off sale! Do they usually offer the same sale in-store also? Are their prices on their website the same as in-store?

I got a Hasegawa wood core soft rubber cutting board from the last sale and just started to see how it performs. Perhaps colored by my experience with flexible TPU based cutting board, I was half-expecting this to be very soft. It's fairly solid, and the cutting experience is a lot closer to cutting on a decent wood board than I first thought. It leaves a very favorable impression so far. If the trend holds up, time to save up for the next sale....

I have to decide weather to go with the Hasegawa soft wood core or the brown which is a little harder? I wonder if they will have a Memorial Day sale? Has anybody cut one of their boards as I only have 27 1/2" space to store it I may get the 47" board and cut it into two boards. Does anybody know if they sell an edge sealer if I cut the larger board?

Do u work for MTC? I work 1 block away and will def be coming by to blow some money!
I do. I'm working from home right now though. The showroom is closed to the public for the moment and we're only doing pickup of specific items for industry customers. I don't know the exact timeline to open to the public but it's at least as far away as the official reopen on June 13th unless that gets pushed back.

I have to decide weather to go with the Hasegawa soft wood core or the brown which is a little harder? I wonder if they will have a Memorial Day sale? Has anybody cut one of their boards as I only have 27 1/2" space to store it I may get the 47" board and cut it into two boards. Does anybody know if they sell an edge sealer if I cut the larger board?
I got the brown/darker board. Seems perfect for general purpose cutting.

I do. I'm working from home right now though. The showroom is closed to the public for the moment and we're only doing pickup of specific items for industry customers. I don't know the exact timeline to open to the public but it's at least as far away as the official reopen on June 13th unless that gets pushed back.
Great! Def take the route thats safer for you and your family.
They recently had the 20% off sale, then extended it until last week or so. Do you know if there'll be another sale / memorial day sale coming up?

I got the brown/darker board. Seems perfect for general purpose cutting.

I was looking at the brown board the purpose of my question about cutting was not how the board feels when using it. I was thinking about cutting board itself so I can fit it under the counter.

can someone link me to a good board thats better for the edge of my AS Gyuto compared to an boos Acacia wood and boos maple wood board? (both edge grain)

Yea I was going to pick up some stuff at 20% off but the shipping kinda puts a damper on the savings.

hope you guys run the sale again when you open up and I’ll swing by and grab some stuff!

Yea I was going to pick up some stuff at 20% off but the shipping kinda puts a damper on the savings.

hope you guys run the sale again when you open up and I’ll swing by and grab some stuff!
yea, shipping killed the deal unless you found a way to get to $100 on knives/stones.

Back