MTC 20% Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have liked to get the brown coated boards but the smaller size is out of stock and the larger boards won't fit.

If you are really set on the harder Polyethylene board, you can order them from globalkitchenjapan. They have multiple options in different colors and also ones that are made from multiple layers. That way if the surface gets messed up with scratches, you can peel a layer off and have basically a new board again supposedly.

Price is higher than MTC and shipping is significantly higher, but it is an option if you really want a smaller sized PE board.

Globalkitchenjapan Hasegawa Boards

I have a 15% off coupon for Globalkitchenjapan but the shipping costs as much as the cutting board - to costly for me.

I have a 15% off coupon for Globalkitchenjapan but the shipping costs as much as the cutting board - to costly for me.
Coz they are using DHL. It'll be cheaper when they can start using EMS again.

It's a little difficult finding the brown coated board with all of their offerings. When EMS starts again I'll check the price is they are still offering the discount.

@Barclid , was that you who helped me out today with the board?? I was passing by as I was checking in on the office after having not been there for 3 months. Thanks anyway! Picked up this Hasegawa today in store

Attachments

• 20200622_132348.jpg
    20200622_132348.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 47
Yeah, that was me. It was my first day back being open to retail customers in about 3 months.
Thx for the help! Hope your first day back wasn't too rough. Will chat more next time, had to get back to the parking lot for the car.

Thx for the help! Hope your first day back wasn't too rough. Will chat more next time, had to get back to the parking lot for the car.
For sure. In non-pandemic times I'm usually always up for a chat about knives and stones, but times are weird. I have a bunch of stones so if you want, you can do a social distancing stone session.

I finally got a feel for the Hasegawa soft board and I like it a lot. Tonight I had to portion up a large halibut and the 240 Toyama felt pretty good on that board. I was hoping to get the PE Brown surface but the regular soft surface does a nice job and it's really easy to clean and I love the lightweight.

For sure. In non-pandemic times I'm usually always up for a chat about knives and stones, but times are weird. I have a bunch of stones so if you want, you can do a social distancing stone session.

Appreciate that!

First time using the board today... I sliced a cooked steak on it. No rock chopping or any tip work. When i was washing the board, a very thin top layer of the board came off, almost like there was a microscopic film on top of the board. Don't know how this'll affect the board as i continue to use it... any tips?

Appreciate that!

First time using the board today... I sliced a cooked steak on it. No rock chopping or any tip work. When i was washing the board, a very thin top layer of the board came off, almost like there was a microscopic film on top of the board. Don't know how this'll affect the board as i continue to use it... any tips?
I've either never experienced that or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. The surface is textured so when you're washing, simple water can appear to bubble up on it. Could be an artifact of that. Only issue I have is slight staining, but I fix that by soaking paper towels in bleach over the board overnight then washing it off the next day.

I've either never experienced that or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. The surface is textured so when you're washing, simple water can appear to bubble up on it. Could be an artifact of that. Only issue I have is slight staining, but I fix that by soaking paper towels in bleach over the board overnight then washing it off the next day.
So you know how the board has this textured grid pattern, which helps give it this grip. Notice the spot in the middle of the pic where theres no grid pattern and its smooth, thats where it seems to have come off on the first use.
What do you think i should do?

Attachments

• 20200624_151030.jpg
    20200624_151030.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 40
So you know how the board has this textured grid pattern, which helps give it this grip. Notice the spot in the middle of the pic where theres no grid pattern and its smooth, thats where it seems to have come off on the first use.
What do you think i should do?
I think I see what you mean. I've seen some of the grid cut off by a wayward stroke before. It's not detrimental to the board though; it's still the same material. After a while it's even recommended to recondition the surface of the board by sanding. It doesn't feel any harder or softer in that spot does it?

The AUGKNIFE20 sale does not include the Hasegawa Wood Core PE cutting board. At least it didn't work when I applied it before checkout.

September? Thanks for the update.
Yes. Also, if you're in California, LAMTC *should* be launching a site soon which should cut down on shipping cost. However, they'll charge CA sales tax. So...

Anyway, I won't be with MTC after next Wednesday so any of you NYC people who stopped by from time to time... it's been nice. Stay safe.

Back