MTC 20% Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was the one who answered people on Instagram and most often on the customer service email line for knife/stone related inquiries but I'm no longer there. I did receive the 50x35cm soft woodcore boards right before I left though. Custom ordered size - probably what I'd get for home if I didn't have so many boards already.

Not sure exactly what you're asking. Within the Hasegawa range there are different coatings. The brown is PE but the softer yellow is polypropylene. The former is harder so will be less forgiving. All have wood cores for lightless and rigidity, which I think is what separates them from other makers PE boards.
I'm just not too thrilled about the idea of buying a cutting board that might be a thin layer of general use material over a wood core. I've been using an old end grain for a while. No idea what type it actually is.

That said, I got a 60x30 pe and some accessories that I kind of needed to refill

Looking to buy a splash & go stone for stropping / touching up primary bevel between sharpenings. Keep it in my kitchen for quick and easy use. Mostly 60-62 HRC Japanese steel but I do have a CCK and a Victorinox. Shapton Glass 4000 a good choice?
My sharpening / thinning setup is Gesshin 500/2000/6000 soakers.

MTC had super slow fulfillment last time I ordered. Barely any customer service. I doubt that I'll order again from them...
Just got an email with tracking saying my board is going out today. Not bad considering yesterday was a Holiday.

I recently ordered the Hasegawa PE Brown board and received the shipping notice with USP tracking 2 days later. I understand that two months ago they were hit pretty hard with the COVID-19 virus shutdown.

Damn you guys arent giving me any warm and fuzzies about their shipping, haha.

Edit: Just kidding. They already shipped! Ordered on Saturday @like 1:30 Pacific. Yall are trippin hahaha

I recently ordered the Hasegawa PE Brown board and received the shipping notice with USP tracking 2 days later. I understand that two months ago they were hit pretty hard with the COVID-19 virus shutdown.
I wasn’t complaining. But I think Corona delays the shipping process-not a company’s ability to get a product into the mail system.

Reactions: JDC
I wasn’t complaining. But I think Corona delays the shipping process-not a company’s ability to get a product into the mail system.

I don't work there so I have no authoritative answer. I know when I ordered earlier this year I called and spoke to a lady that told me they were short on staff because people were calling in sick or something like that (my memory is not the best according to my wife). So far i have not been disappointed with their order fulfillment and I really can't say what caused your delay.

Staff was furloughed due to the main business slowing (restaurant wholesale). Many of the warehouse workers are temps and they were either furloughed or laid off when coronavirus hit. E-commerce was separate and was perpetually understaffed but could usually call on temp workers to help when orders increased. Since those temp workers were no longer there, there was no help. More than once, I had to travel to the NJ warehouse to help with e-commerce fulfillment because they were so short-staffed. Also, while the main business plummeted during COVID, online sales took off, with some categories hitting 2-300% vs. previous years. When staff were contacted to return to work many refused because they were still getting boosted unemployment in the ballpark of $900/wk.

They've since caught up and bulked up the e-commerce division staff.

I ordered a Hasegawa PE Brown board on 9/21 and it was shipped today on 9/25. Not the fastest but much better than the previous 2 week wait. It will be delivered tmr so I'll provide my initial impression in comparison with the FSR (yellow board) and maybe Asahi this weekend.

Well, I was the one who answered people on Instagram and most often on the customer service email line for knife/stone related inquiries but I'm no longer there. I did receive the 50x35cm soft woodcore boards right before I left though. Custom ordered size - probably what I'd get for home if I didn't have so many boards already.

why did you stop working there?? covid?

Quick question, anyone know when the next 20% sale might be? They usually come up a few times a year so just wondering when the first one for 2021 might drop? Could use some more cutting boards...

Quick question, anyone know when the next 20% sale might be? They usually come up a few times a year so just wondering when the first one for 2021 might drop? Could use some more cutting boards...
Yeah I’m curious when the next sale would be too. Wouldn’t mind grabbing a couple of finishers to try.

Talked to them on the phone earlier this week, asked them about a next sale, looks like Memorial Day or summer/4th is best they could tell me as potentially the next sale

Back