• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Mukoita I - Fish

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m in the position of teaching a bunch of people new to fish butchering. I remember flipping through a copy of this once and thinking it was a good resource, but now I can’t find anywhere that sells it anymore.

If anybody has a copy they’re willing to part with, please let me know!

I have also been trying to find it. It briefly was at one of the used book shops for $200 ..

Truly wish they made an ebook of this :(

Japanese Knife Company Stockholm store has the book. It's not exactly cheap but I had to buy this book there as well as I also found out that the English version was sold out everywhere else. The three other books are much cheaper to come by other places. I wrote to the European distributor and they told me that the Japanese publisher is finding a new printer for the forthcoming books in the series so it was not likely that this book would be reprinted anytime soon.

Does anyone here own the book? I have a hard time finding even a decent review of it / a index of the chapters / a couple pictures of example pages. Makes it harder to evaluate whether it's indeed worth spending a decent petty knife worth of money on it...

Does anyone here own the book? I have a hard time finding even a decent review of it / a index of the chapters /

20200829_190814.jpg
20200829_190843.jpg
20200829_190851.jpg
20200829_190915.jpg
20200829_191037.jpg
20200829_191114.jpg
20200829_191209.jpg

Haha thanks a lot! It's super helpful for evaluating the book for me!!!

If you need 30 graphic pages on how to dismember a turtle, this may be the book for you.

Does anyone here own the book? I have a hard time finding even a decent review of it / a index of the chapters / a couple pictures of example pages. Makes it harder to evaluate whether it's indeed worth spending a decent petty knife worth of money on it...
I have it too. It is very thorough in describing and showing how to cut different fish (and the turtle🐢🙃) but if you are not preparing fish that much and do not care if you have the whole collection then the three other books (with more to come) are more relevant and you could skip this one 😁

I bought Mukoita II instead, which covers pretty much all the fish butchering techniques that you will ever reasonably need, plus techniques for chicken and vegetables.

Not what you asked, but ‘The whole fish cookbook’ might be your next best option. Much cheaper and VERY thorough

Not what you asked, but ‘The whole fish cookbook’ might be your next best option. Much cheaper and VERY thorough

Thanks! Will give it a look. Amazon description sounds very promising.

Back