• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Munetoshi Honyaki Gyuto 210mm, Mazaki Nashiji Gyuto 210mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m selling a couple knives I don’t seem to reach for or are redundant in my rotation.

Munetoshi Honyaki Gyuto 210mm

Got from JNS, I think it was from the batch of 210s they released after improving upon the initial 240s.
https://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/munetoshi-honyaki-gyuto-210mm/
It’s quite thin for what I was expecting with a munetoshi (I’ve had a butcher before lol). I polished the sharp choil a bit and put a more appropriately sized ho wood handle (original was HUGE for a 210, like 270 size), which is actually one of the nicest ho wood handles I’ve seen (it has some nice figure in the horn and curl figure in the ho wood). I also have a darkhardt sheath for it. Knife is barely used and never sharpened, this knife is kind of redundant with the Togashi X Tosa 225mm Honyaki I recently got.
8AE80831-3938-499A-90E0-272138C245DE.jpeg
50AD1809-0C3B-4AB0-A48B-36BDB1E6BC0E.jpeg

see also this Instagram post for more pictures/videos (choil shot, kanji on tang, etc.)

Asking $600.00 USD now with free express shipping/tracking most places worldwide plus shipping (approx. $10-30+ depending on the preferred method/speed/destination). I’d do a discount on a package deal if interested in both knives.

Mazaki Nashiji Gyuto 210mm (SOLD)

Got from Knifewear about a year ago, I used it lightly at home then sent it to JKI with some other projects.
https://knifewear.com/products/mazaki-w2-nashiji-gyuto-210mm
It recently came back home and hasn’t been used since the JKI spa treatment (I have a 270 of the same knife also coming home soon). I also have a generic wooden saya that fits it from a 240 gyuto that can be shortened to fit (I’ll get extra pics later).

13B0C6C4-E2D5-4794-83E4-E1B9776E8AE9.jpeg

FE20EE66-16E1-4375-94E7-CCC327BCF308.jpeg

D6CE8DB9-94FF-453C-B0E8-A55515F31B31.jpeg

E3464F51-B33E-4287-87BA-F23F098EFB54.jpeg

Asking $220.00 USD plus shipping (approx. $10-30+ depending on the preferred method/speed/destination). I’d do a discount on a package deal if interested in both knives.

Please send me a PM to discuss and we can go from there, thanks for looking!
Tanner

Last edited:
That mazaki looks better than new!

Choil on the Mazaki looks super nice.

Every interaction or transaction I've had with aboynamedsuita has been super positive. GLWS on these.

Did you end up testing the Mune out T? Any indication of performance? I’ve always been thiiiiiiiiiis close to buying one.

Did you end up testing the Mune out T? Any indication of performance? I’ve always been thiiiiiiiiiis close to buying one.

The 210's are awesome. Super thin and great performers with better finish than the first batch of 240 Honyaki's. I love my Munetoshi honyaki gyutos but they don't get a ton of love here (probably because they don't have fancy handles, or a hamon that semi resembles Mt. Fuji)

Hey Greg, I did and liked it, if I didn’t get the 225mm from Strata I’d not be putting the munetoshi on BST, I don’t “really” need 2 white 2 Honyaki gyuto in this size range. I’d agree with Runner up’s comments…

The 210's are awesome. Super thin and great performers with better finish than the first batch of 240 Honyaki's. I love my Munetoshi honyaki gyutos but they don't get a ton of love here (probably because they don't have fancy handles, or a hamon that semi resembles Mt. Fuji)

Munetoshi now has free express shipping/tracking and insurance most places worldwide included, most likely DHL. Asking price is similar to new but no foreign currency conversion plus includes a sheath (originally from a 210 kato WH but the profiles are very similar, I’ll get some pictures later).

Munetoshi SOLD, thread can be closed and prefix changed (can’t recall the process since the forum changed awhile ago but I’ll see if I can do it myself or flag for moderator)

Back