Music for Workout - Moving Iron

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNewMexican

Reaction score
Like many others, the past year I put together a home gym with kettlebells / dumbbells / workout bench etc. As I go through my push - pull - legs workout each week I've noticed that I can't stand working out to the heavy bass / metal music that is so common in commercial gyms. I'm afraid I'm listening to stuff like Snowy White, Traffic, Mark Knopfler, etc. For me, I'm focusing on feeling the muscles contract, pushing to failure and getting a pump. Mellower music helps me do that........

Wondering what other people are listening to for workouts and your experiences?

I don't workout per se but kitchen to Traffic frequently. Catered a green room for Dave Mason concert at UNM about a hundred years ago.

Children of Bodom, Disturbed, Lordi, AC/DC, Soulfly

But in all cases only selected songs.

Children of Bodom, Disturbed, Lordi, AC/DC, Soulfly

But in all cases only selected songs.

You have a couple Finnish bands there, nice.

Have you heard of Lost Society? Its a bit different, but perhaps you might dig that too.. I like listening to the No Absolution album and think the whole album is great. Maybe try the name song or "Blood on your hands", "Deliver Me", or the more peaceful hit thats been played a lot in radio here, "Into eternity" first. The band is from my home town, Jyväskylä.

Other than that lots of AC/DC also, its a gym classic. Korn, Metallica, then for example Machine Head - The burning red album. Those are some of what I've played on repeat basically from the public speakers.

If I used headphones, which I dont, then I'd often put on rap like wu-tang, busta rhymes etc too. People in my gym in general are not that fond of rap.

Aaand then often radio Hitmix, which plays the bestest 90s pop hits <3

Have you heard of Lost Society? Its a bit different, but perhaps you might dig that too.. I like listening to the No Absolution album and think the whole album is great. Maybe try the name song or "Blood on your hands", "Deliver Me", or the more peaceful hit thats been played a lot in radio here, "Into eternity" first. The band is from my home town, Jyväskylä.
I'll have a listen, thank you for the tip.

Five Finger Death Punch with the song "Wash it All Away" come to mind.

Like many others, the past year I put together a home gym with kettlebells / dumbbells / workout bench etc. As I go through my push - pull - legs workout each week I've noticed that I can't stand working out to the heavy bass / metal music that is so common in commercial gyms. I'm afraid I'm listening to stuff like Snowy White, Traffic, Mark Knopfler, etc. For me, I'm focusing on feeling the muscles contract, pushing to failure and getting a pump. Mellower music helps me do that........

Wondering what other people are listening to for workouts and your experiences?

I like your taste in music Knopfler brothers Dire Straits one of favorite bands.

Use walking shoes lower body 5 miles with serious hills almost everyday.

Upper body power bands was not getting any upper body workout since retired got melanoma had to quit surfing stay out of the sun. Started with weakest band about a year ago now third level for regular & reverse curls.

Second level for shoulder chest, torso work. Had to do something. Finally getting a little muscle tone in my arms.

Back