• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Muteki/Carter 250mm gyuto, French chefs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Custom orders Carter/Muteki 253mm chefs knife by Taylor Shields. It was a custom from Taylor Shields that I worked with him to make. Taylor and Alex Horn worked together to create a French chef looking knife with more Japanese geometry with longer section of flat blade road. I paid $600, asking $425. Used just a few times for some light meal prep. Specs are:
  • Buckeye burl dyed handle with black G10 liners
  • White 1/san mai stainless
  • Weight 224 grams
  • Heel at 57mm
  • Blade at 253mm
  • OAL 365mm
Photos below.
IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1618.jpg

Looks nice, what's making you sell this one?

Thanks for the question! I love the shape but have three Muteki in that same shape (the pattern of the French style, but with a flatter profile). I have two 250's (approximately) and one 210. So I decided I didn't need two 250's. The one I am keeping has a tan micarta handle instead of wood, which is unique since nothing else in my collection has micarta so I'm keeping that one. Simple as that!

Any change of seeing choil shot, balance point?

Thanks for the question! I love the shape but have three Muteki in that same shape (the pattern of the French style, but with a flatter profile). I have two 250's (approximately) and one 210. So I decided I didn't need two 250's. The one I am keeping has a tan micarta handle instead of wood, which is unique since nothing else in my collection has micarta so I'm keeping that one. Simple as that!

Sounds like a good reason. If I had cash, this would be very tempting.

Back