My Carter mistake was rectified big time!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So a while ago i started up this thread: which showed a slight error when M. Carter got my order out the door. Long story short, he fixed the error and the knife has arrived. Pics to follow :D

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?1147-Identify-this-carter

Knife came in the mail, next to Howard, my pet ginger stem (found him growing in the wrong cupboard)

Lovely profile on that IP funayuki

Awesome! I love me carter. Im so impressed by my 150 so im going to buy a 180-190. Gonna post some pics when i come home from vacation;)

Trying to do this shot without a macro lens

The handle has excellent finish, a neat little mosaic pin and red spacers of some sort.

It really is quite a nice western handle

So all in all, this was what I got in the end for my troubles. The original knife that shipped generously given by Carter to me for the mix up, and the replacement IP Funayuki that was what I ordered during his big shift sale at 40% off.

All in all a really great buy for less than $500 (for both), even without considering the free knife. And these knives are not half bad. In fact, they are DAM good. :happy1::happy1::happy1:

Very nice! With the money you saved, you can rehandle that fugly one!

Tristan, you are one lucky SOB! Haha
Congrats!!!

Yeah, I would say the second one came out a little nicer than the first one.

Is the front edge of the bolster a hard sharp edge? It looks very crisp from the photos. I like the pattern on the bolster material though.

That one looks a lot like mine. How long is it?

Sweet!!

Latest posts

Back