My experience with kasumi kev

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soigne_west

Reaction score
“Going to go ahead and try and repost this with a little context and without the screenshots of what exactly he wrote me.

around the start of the pandemic I had a comet that I was wanting to get a little work done on. I messaged kasumi kev and asked if he might be interested in working on it. He almost immediately read my message and never responded. No problem, not a big deal. But a comment I recently made in the new knife thread about not being able to get a hold of him must have really upset him. Instead of reaching out to me like any sensible business owner would. He proceed to insult and harass me on Instagram. To whic he my only reply was “lol.” I blocked him.

I started a thread about it here and included the screenshots of the vulgarities which was taken down I assume because of all the curse words.

I was then messaged from the official kemadi knives Instagram account, this time in the form of recorded voice messages, I assume so I couldn’t take screenshots of them. Same harassment ensued.

I thought that this information should be out there for anyone who may be considering doing business with this guy. All I did was say I couldn’t get a hold of him. What would happen should anyone criticize one of their knives?

Buyer Beware

I guess he really didn't want your money. Funny approach with the customer service.

Interesting way to do business...
Why did it get hit with the censorhammer?

This pile on is getting sillier and sillier by the second. @soigne_west had a bad experience with the vendor and he shared it, that’s fine, even thought it would be better if Kev could defend himself, but fine. The rest of the guys that haven’t had experience with Kev or kemadi knives are just jumping on the bashing bandwagon and making this place feel like crap. Now, Matteo who is a great guy in my experience is being dragged into this. I’ve dealt with him for many years now and never had any issues. I’ve also tried 2 kemadi bulat knives and they are excellent. Edge holding is noticeably better than average, balance and profile were perfect for me. The price is very reasonable for what you get. I haven’t dealt with Kev, so have nothing to say one way or another, but the whole pile on is very distasteful and unbecoming of this place. CJA incident was different because he took money from people and disappeared, so some were trying to help these customers. What exactly is the goal here?

The goal is to say that abusive language, even in private, is tasteless, mean and damaging to community. Why call it out? Because it's time to do so. It's not healthy to let abusive behavior survive behind closed doors.

I have no dog in this particular fight, but I'd want someone to believe me if I said someone had spoken to me the way Soigne was. That voice matters. It's not piling on, it's simply saying it's not OK to allow abusive behavior to stay secret. We give honest reviews of products and providers here.

Like I said, OP is in his right to share his experience. The rest trail by social media is in poor taste, especially by people whom don't have personal experience with the knives or person in question. Kev is not part of KKF community and can't defend himself here.

I consider myself a pretty weathered and thick skinned line cook whose been playing around with sharp things for a little while now. I’ve been on the receiving end of far worse. But what I haven’t ever dealt with is someone in this hobby, let alone a business owner, insult a customer the way I was assaulted today. In My opinion have to protect the integrity of our community from this type of behavior.

Last edited:
People simply stated he ignored them when trying to do business with him or he gave them the run around. No one was attacking him, we were only stating their experience with a vendor. It was pretty eye opening to find out so many people had the same experience. Then he flipped out on one member for stating facts about his experience. There’s not much there to protect or defend from people piling on. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, OP is in his right to share his experience. The rest trail by social media is in poor taste, especially by people whom don't have personal experience with the knives or person in question. Kev is not part of KKF community and can't defend himself here.
Neither is CJA.

If bad retailers have no presence here, whether banned or just not a member, are we as members not supposed to share messed up experiences here?

P.S. I have nothing against Matteo except for that God awful "handshake" emojis he keeps posting. Check out Tinder or something? 🤷‍♂️

I consider myself a pretty weathered and thick skinned line cook whose been playing around with sharp things for a little while now. I’ve been on the receiving end of far worse. But what I haven’t ever deal with is someone in this hobby, let alone a business owner, insult a customer the way I was assaulted today. In My opinion have to protect the integrity of our community from this type of behavior.
You are perfectly in your right to share your experience. The rest of the pile up is in bad taste, dragging other members of the company and this community into it is wrong.

I am sure you don't need a bunch of guys who were not there helping you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back