My experience with kasumi kev

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure this sucks for Matteo more than anyone. He’s been extremely helpful, polite, and professional. (Although I’m not sure if he was calling me a jerk off or just giving me a sweaty fist bump with his emojis 😂) He’s reached out and I have plenty of respect for him for trying to remedy the situation. No ones here trying to bash him or bash the product. Many have stated they still chose to buy the knives second hand. I feel for him but we all make our choices and have to deal with them and I’m assuming he’s the one who chose his business partner. Hopefully a lot of good can come from this and they can get things back on track. When I’m ready I’ll reach out again trying to purchase and see if can be handled professionally.

I also had a pretty ****** experience with him incl his beautiful schoolkid bullying per voicemessages. It also cost me money (shipping here and back to look a knife over) to remedy his attacks by way of a customer of mine. 5/5 trumps to him 🤪

My personal view as a mod:

I don't want to steer the discussion of topic, but just to clarify - it is sometimes not easy to find the balance on what content to pull offline. The reason with the previous threads was that it was seen more of a personal personal conflict rather than issue with a business. If this thread stays clear off personal attacks or slander, then you may as well find it here tomorrow.

The goal is to say that abusive language, even in private, is tasteless, mean and damaging to community. Why call it out? Because it's time to do so. It's not healthy to let abusive behavior survive behind closed doors.

I have no dog in this particular fight, but I'd want someone to believe me if I said someone had spoken to me the way Soigne was. That voice matters. It's not piling on, it's simply saying it's not OK to allow abusive behavior to stay secret. We give honest reviews of products and providers here.

This.

I've never dealt personally with Kev, although I follow him on IG and have read a few of his comments there that certainly struck me as pretty rude and childish. I'm glad @soigne_west posted this, as I wanted to try a Kemadi this year. I no longer have interest, because I don't deal with jerks and don't give them my business. How is this behavior in any way, shape, or form acceptable?

I don't see anyone "piling on" here. Lots of positive comments about the knives themselves and, of course, Matteo - who is as polite/helpful/awesome as everyone else says.

I understand both sides in this argument, but let’s not kid ourselves: it’s not the first time this happened with this specific person.

this really doesn’t look like the OP is badmouthing someone who otherwise is a posterchild of good behavior, and that’s why I think it actually is of relevance to the public here to understand what we’re dealing with.

same with Cris Anderson.

i will most likely call out another person/vendor soon and trust me: I’ve been trying to avoid that for a long long time and gave him plenty of chances to fix the situation. But he has my knife now since January 2018, just for some Spa treatment and a new handle.

I got the ignore treatment as well...
I asked about pricing and steels through Kemadi and in turn was asked what size I wanted to which I responded 225 or 240. Since then, nothing.
That's OK as there are plenty of other makers out there who I want to try.
I was following him on IG but his ranting got to me.
It is as pity as others noted the knives are very reasonably priced for the performance they deliver. Maybe I will pick one up on the happy hunting ground that is BST.

Yes, I sent a knife and a block of wood to someone in North America (let’s leave it at that) for a spa treatment and new handle.

he still has the knife. Three years later. Tons of promises and stuff, I even offered that he can raffle it off and We donate the money. Or that he’ll send it back unfinished. Or that he’ll send it to another maker to finish it. That maker had already agreed, as did the maker who’s currently in possession of said knife. Still nothing happened.

I asked about pricing and steels through Kemadi and in turn was asked what size I wanted to which I responded 225 or 240. Since then, nothing.

I don't want to stand up for anyone here, but Instagram messaging is hell to deal with. and i know i'm missing a **** of messages and questions because of this, and it's not bad will.

the best way is always email.

I don't want to stand up for anyone here, but Instagram messaging is hell to deal with. and i know i'm missing a **** of messages and questions because of this, and it's not bad will.

I wasn't able to find an email address to make contact. But like I said, plenty of other makers out there to try! Maybe even you if I am lucky enough to grab one in the rush one day 😂

I’m gonna send you an email to let you know that your handles are too long.

Just giving you a heads up

🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

I’m sure it’s a pain but you also didn’t build your business model around Instagram. You have a website with an email. He chose to sell on IG. The instructions for purchasing are literally “dm if interested.” Even then I’d cut some slack for being over his head and building a business he can’t control but as a business owner I can’t get behind the actions taken towards a potential customer. All that was said was, “he left my messages on read.”

Yeah the silly thing was that he could have taken it as an opportunity instead.. would have taken just as much time to write a simple ' sorry I missed your message, it slipt through because X. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future bla bla'.
Same amount of effort but entirely different result.

Last edited:
Yeah the silly thing was that he could have taken it as an opportunity instead.. would have taken just as much time to write a simple ' sorry I missed your message, it slipt through because X. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future bla bla'.
Same amount of effort but entirely different result.
Same thing with.. 😂😂✊💦💦💦

“Going to go ahead and try and repost this with a little context and without the screenshots of what exactly he wrote me.

around the start of the pandemic I had a comet that I was wanting to get a little work done on. I messaged kasumi kev and asked if he might be interested in working on it. He almost immediately read my message and never responded. No problem, not a big deal. But a comment I recently made in the new knife thread about not being able to get a hold of him must have really upset him. Instead of reaching out to me like any sensible business owner would. He proceed to insult and harass me on Instagram. To whic he my only reply was “lol.” I blocked him.

I started a thread about it here and included the screenshots of the vulgarities which was taken down I assume because of all the curse words.

I was then messaged from the official kemadi knives Instagram account, this time in the form of recorded voice messages, I assume so I couldn’t take screenshots of them. Same harassment ensued.

I thought that this information should be out there for anyone who may be considering doing business with this guy. All I did was say I couldn’t get a hold of him. What would happen should anyone criticize one of their knives?

Buyer Beware

I shared what I considered to be constructive criticisms of my "custom" kemadi knife and was treated the same as well. Those voice clips he sent were epic. Oh, and he threatened for a physical beating too just for good measure.

I was good friends with this guy in question, welcomed him into my house physically and then the last message I got was a physical threat of rough up with tons of profanity laid in - got me so disappointed that I removed telegram entirely a while back just so he and matteo can stop harassing me for selling my kemadi and sharing my honest unbiased feedback hoping folks can benefit from my experience.

“Going to go ahead and try and repost this with a little context and without the screenshots of what exactly he wrote me.

around the start of the pandemic I had a comet that I was wanting to get a little work done on. I messaged kasumi kev and asked if he might be interested in working on it. He almost immediately read my message and never responded. No problem, not a big deal. But a comment I recently made in the new knife thread about not being able to get a hold of him must have really upset him. Instead of reaching out to me like any sensible business owner would. He proceed to insult and harass me on Instagram. To whic he my only reply was “lol.” I blocked him.

I started a thread about it here and included the screenshots of the vulgarities which was taken down I assume because of all the curse words.

I was then messaged from the official kemadi knives Instagram account, this time in the form of recorded voice messages, I assume so I couldn’t take screenshots of them. Same harassment ensued.

I thought that this information should be out there for anyone who may be considering doing business with this guy. All I did was say I couldn’t get a hold of him. What would happen should anyone criticize one of their knives?

Buyer Beware

Voice clips can be screen recorded as a video and uploaded to YouTube and shared as a link.

Now, Matteo who is a great guy in my experience is being dragged into this.

Matteo sort of dragged himself into this by making childish remarks to @bruce8088 in the other thread. He also has tagged me and others in various social media posts with childish comments.

I don't deal with jerks and don't give them my business.

Very well said. I don’t care how good some people think those knives are (I also know some who weren’t overly thrilled, so take the hype for what it’s worth). There’s plenty of other good knives out there, and other things to spend disposable income on too.

Last edited:
Like I said, OP is in his right to share his experience. The rest trail by social media is in poor taste, especially by people whom don't have personal experience with the knives or person in question. Kev is not part of KKF community and can't defend himself here.

he was until he got himself banned here for exhibiting the same behaviors - facts.

I shared what I considered to be constructive criticisms of my "custom" kemadi knife and was treated the same as well. Those voice clips he sent were epic. Oh, and he threatened for a physical beating too just for good measure.
lashing out like that is a clear sign of deep rooted insecurity

I was good friends with this guy in question, welcomed him into my house physically and then the last message I got was a physical threat of rough up with tons of profanity laid in - got me so disappointed that I removed telegram entirely a while back just so he and matteo can stop harassing me for selling my kemadi and sharing my honest unbiased feedback hoping folks can benefit from my experience.
u no like my knives, ill beat u up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can keep writing stuff man , at the end the people knows you are and what are you capable of doing.

Tanner I don't understand why you taking his side in a discussion that he created to just get people angry .

We can keep going on for ages , you have no point to make in my view,I just see 3 guys who want to **** against something that they don't like .
I will not drag myself in to this anymore , people know who I am and people know you you are guys ,so I will be always winning 😂😂😂✊💦💦💦💦💦

Cheers Matteo

You can keep writing stuff man , at the end the people knows you are and what are you capable of doing.

Tanner I don't understand why you taking his side in a discussion that he created to just get people angry .

We can keep going on for ages , you have no point to make in my view,I just see 3 guys who want to **** against something that they don't like .
I will not drag myself in to this anymore , people know who I am and people know you you are guys ,so I will be always winning 😂😂😂✊💦💦💦💦💦

Cheers Matteo
I feel the lady doth protest too much.
I, for one, am happy when dirty laundry is put out to dry. People need to know what they're getting into when pursuing those elusive blades. I'm another who has had limited contact with Kev but like most it seems, just hit a dead end and radio silence. I count my blessings......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back