My experience with kasumi kev

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, after taking a moment I decided not to do any active post moderation, because I find this quote quite fitting:

"... I will not drag myself in to this anymore , people know who I am and people know you ..."

I would STRONGLY suggest this thread steers clear off any personal attacks or insults. Keep it focused on your experience with Kev and choose your words wisely. I can fend off rest of the mod team only as long.

Last edited:
OK, after taking a moment I decided not to do any active post moderation, because I find this quote quite fitting:

"... I will not drag myself in to this anymore , people know who I am and people know you ..."

I would STRONGLY suggest this thread steers clear off any personal attacks or insults. Keep it focused on your experience with Kev and choose your words wisely. I can fend off rest of the mod team only as long.

totally agree - perhaps those who have left a feedback can refrain from leaving further feedback. I'm shared mine so i'll move on too.

Kev is one of the best sharpeners (and polishers) in the USA, maybe the world.. And really well connected in the knife world. I also consider him a friend.
Lol, I'm pretty sure you're taking the piss here, but Kev overthins every knife. Basically he's destroying every knife that comes to him with no thought of preserving the geometry, grind or profile.

Lol, I'm pretty sure you're taking the piss here, but Kev overthins every knife. Basically he's destroying every knife that comes to him with no thought of preserving the geometry, grind or profile.

kev has refinished two knives of mine, both were pretty much new and unsharpened, and both came back vastly improved in all aspects. I don’t know if destroyed is the right word, altering maybe, because that’s what people are paying him to do.

Eh... I can't add too much here...

Since this thread generated a lot of activity and I got click-baited... what I might say is:

My personal view as a mod:

I don't want to steer the discussion of topic, but just to clarify - it is sometimes not easy to find the balance on what content to pull offline. The reason with the previous threads was that it was seen more of a personal personal conflict rather than issue with a business. If this thread stays clear off personal attacks or slander, then you may as well find it here tomorrow.

My impression is that mods can wear their responsibilities in comfort the majority of the time. It is participation in a hobby and community they enjoy. A minority of time is spent making judgement calls on thread/posts in relation to the forum rules. This not relaxing for them... it is work. They have other commitments/passions in life and are fallible like the rest of us. I have sympathy for them if they fall on the conservative side of a judgement and shut a thread down. It is easier for them. It can be mildly entertaining to read through posts in a flame war... but it sounds awfully like work if you expect them to read through it with proper context and decide who is 'right'.

Keep it tidy KKF - don't expect the mods to see nuance if you flirt with (or cross) the boundaries. And thank you mods for keeping KKF a reasonable and largely respectful/open community.

[Not that the mods really need defence... but surely its not a mystery why some posts are redacted or threads torn down either.... ;)]

I've personally handled every knife in Kev's personal kit, and this statement is unequivocally false. Kevin was an essential part of Joe Schrum's, Halcyon Forge, developing the geometry his knives now have, which is some of the best in the world.
Kev is a friend, and I don't think its a big deal if people don't like the way he operates, everyone cant like everyone. That being said there is absolutely zero way his talent and ability can be called into question. If you don't like how thin at the edge his knives are, then thats personal bias and should not be used as a reason for bashing his work. If you cant use knives that thin without chipping them, then it most likely user error.

I actually don't get what the OPs point is. If I go to a bar, ask the bartender to give me a beer and they just look at me and carry on, I don't crap talk the bar like it's the worse place ever or say "hey you, give me attention so I can have a beer". If you do, good luck with that bartender helping you.
We could go all day with these...

I actually don't get what the OPs point is. If I go to a bar, ask the bartender to give me a beer and they just look at me and carry on, I don't crap talk the bar like it's the worse place ever or say "hey you, give me attention so I can have a beer". If you do, good luck with that bartender helping you.

Did you actually read the OP? @soigne_west's point is that after he posted a sort of lukewarm review on Yelp for the bar, the bartender left him threatening emails and abusive voice messages....

Oh ya I read it. To me it's the same as a bartender telling that guy at the other side of the bar to be polite or fck off.

Besides, let's just put it this way, if the OP just got a straight answer of "No" then we all wouldn't be having this convo? I'm sure he did cause this all sounds outta wack

Like do you walk into a busybMcDonald's and tell the manager, "give me a hamburger"..."I'm busy helping this other customer"... "I want it now".
GFL with that if you want to have a hamburger

You are not the first person to bring this up. He personally attacked another member of this forum and I believe said " You should shut your mouth and wait till next time, bitching about it will get you no where idiot".

"go play with your tanaka's and keep your mouth shut"

This was in response to a forum member pointing out a glitch on a website.

Out of respect to Preizzo he didn't respond.

Last edited:
Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying you're sure OP got a response when OP stated he didn't? What's your source on this?
Besides, let's just put it this way, if the OP just got a straight answer of "No" then we all wouldn't be having this convo? I'm sure he did cause this all sounds outta wack

Like do you walk into a busybMcDonald's and tell the manager, "give me a hamburger"..."I'm busy helping this other customer"... "I want it now".
GFL with that if you want to have a hamburger

He said in passing something about the bar to another consumer of alcohol. Bartender got wind of the conversation and threatened the first person.

Me thinks everyone has had their say. Not going to argue about what or what not a banned member has to say on other platforms, media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back