Quantcast

My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

CiderBear

Reaction score
210mm Tsubaya Tanaka blue 1. I had my hesitation to this knife at first due to its length, but it's grown to be my favorite daily driver. (Sorry @Carl Kotte, the second picture probably belongs to your thread).

I have a question: does anyone have an example of what a knife looks like after you achieve nutmeg-level perfection in the polish/ kasumi and then... use it to cut things?

daddy yo yo

Reaction score
210mm Tsubaya Tanaka blue 1. I had my hesitation to this knife at first due to its length, but it's grown to be my favorite daily driver. (Sorry @Carl Kotte, the second picture probably belongs to your thread).

I have a question: does anyone have an example of what a knife looks like after you achieve nutmeg-level perfection in the polish/ kasumi and then... use it to cut things?

Nice nail polish!

Chang

Supporting Member
Reaction score
70099D26-654A-4146-A054-ACA4C0F0BBCF.jpeg
03AB0480-4F7C-412D-8A90-332F25FEC471.jpeg

I always have a hard time capturing patina, but slowly and surely, it’s coming along after a week of use.

Birgesson Blades 248x58 Gyuto

Robert Lavacca

Reaction score
What are the specs? Looks a real deal 😊
I feel like we all get caught up in chasing the more expensive knives sometimes. This kochi reminded me that a more budget friendly knife can really tear it up. I love it. I’m pretty sure it’s about 272 mm and 53.5 mm. Handle is awesome. Weight I would guess maybe 220g. It’s got a really sweet grind. I even minced 5 or so lbs of shallots with it the other day lol.

IsoJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like we all get caught up in chasing the more expensive knives sometimes. This kochi reminded me that a more budget friendly knife can really tear it up. I love it. I’m pretty sure it’s about 272 mm and 53.5 mm. Handle is awesome. Weight I would guess maybe 220g. It’s got a really sweet grind. I even minced 5 or so lbs of shallots with it the other day lol.
I have the 240 😉. That is light for 270