My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

cantdecidewhichone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for those following, how often do you have to use Bar Keeper's Friend or something similar to remove rust? I find that my Fujiyama gets a bit rusty after each use even if I'm wiping it every onion I go through.

tcmx3

Reaction score
Question for those following, how often do you have to use Bar Keeper's Friend or something similar to remove rust? I find that my Fujiyama gets a bit rusty after each use even if I'm wiping it every onion I go through.
I grind up a bit of soft stone and use a felt pad with a little bit of water or tsubaki oil.

Bico Doce

Reaction score
You just made me want a HSC right there
I have 3 HSC knives and I can’t say enough great things about them. Harbeer always hits the sweet spot on heat treatment, fit finish, material selection, etc where you end up with a top performing knife at a great price. My favorite is a 230 mm magnacut gyuto I recently purchased from him

FishmanDE

Reaction score
No disrespect, but there’s no way it’s rusting if you’re wiping it as much as you claim.

Edit: are you rinsing the knife when you’re finished and wiping it dry? Or are you cutting onions and just wiping?

Last edited: