My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80DACE80-7E3F-4562-8616-522E0B246E03.jpeg
178F8BE5-CC85-4CBD-A9A8-D5FB374AFF87.jpeg

I must say, I always fought hard against patina. I even went so far as to sell all my non stainless knives…

But I have been exploring my new Wakui Damast and really enjoy the patina. I guess I’m happier for just letting it happen. Thanks for sharing all your cool pictures, it helped me come to terms

Decided to reset this knife, just didn’t like original brownish blotchy finish. Made some homemade polishing compound and in two minutes removed everything, then reset the pantina with a large Tri-Tip. Can’t believe how much better it looks.
What did you use for the compound? It looks great.

A couple of years ago I had a Snow White that just cracked all to hell, so I took a peace put in a couple of zip lock bags and beat it with a hammer, then sifted out the fine powder. After that I add a little bit to a little bit of no grit toothpaste and apply it with a foam pad just bigger than my finger. What’s great about it is that it requires no pressure and it honestly only took about 30 seconds per side, I spray the knife with a touch of water and it makes a black mess within seconds. You do need to fallow the original scratch pattern though it does leave some fine scratches I don’t think I’ve got the powder fine enough yet. At least I found something to do with the remaining $100 stone lol

Back