My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blueish Dalman after few kilos of chicken

IMG_20191122_120314.jpg

Yeah i think it’s rust starting to form. But it was a clean blade 15 minutes ago...

HVB. When I first got this knife i thought it was gorgeous and quite a monster. Cut a few onions and put it away. Didn’t quite jive with me. Pulled it out yesterday to cut 12qts of veg for minestrone and man did I just fall in love with this knife. View attachment 72319View attachment 72320

ive been thinking about getting one of these. what do you think changed your mind from the initial few uses? Also what’s the length and height on this bad boy?

ive been thinking about getting one of these. what do you think changed your mind from the initial few uses? Also what’s the length and height on this bad boy?

It’s 272mm and 54.5mm tall. It was a slight impulse buy. I’ve wanted to check out his work and his tansu brand knives were more than I wanted to spend. This was a knife I didn’t necessarily have my eyes on so I wasn’t lusting over it. I tested on a few things and it was super thin behind the edge and moved through product great but it didn’t blow me away.

Than I pulled it out yesterday and used it to small dice a ton of veggie and it’s truly a workhorse. Onions, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, squash... they were all the same. From one product to the next it just blew thru them all. I was using a non ideal extremely tight cutting space. The tip really shined with its profile. Overall The knife was extremely comfortable to use. Might sound stupid but the spine was so perfectly rounded. Edge held up extremely well too.

Maz Dammy takes kinda purplish blue from 6 onions I diced yesterday. I was pretty amazed at the colour. Normally I would expect a grey-orange patina from onions, but it seems whatever you cut with it, it just wanna turn blue all the way.

Attachments

• 20200229_234534.jpg
    20200229_234534.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200229_234229.jpg
    20200229_234229.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 99
Maz Dammy takes kinda purplish blue from 6 onions I diced yesterday. I was pretty amazed at the colour. Normally I would expect a grey-orange patina from onions, but it seems whatever you cut with it, it just wanna turn blue all the way.
Niceee. I caved and bought a blue 240 from the US k&s site. Will probably sell my white nashiji that I used once since i’m more of a blue fan. Glad maz made some gyutos in blue.

Back