My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya'll,

Sorry for the neglect the past couple months. Your favorite meme is back, so here is the ridiculous patina on my Kochi V2.

eINlkB3l.jpg

PXc8mtEl.jpg

@Carl Kotte I've been saving something especially disgusting for your thread. Stay tuned ;)
One or two of your nails kinda match

210mm Tsubaya Tanaka blue 1. I had my hesitation to this knife at first due to its length, but it's grown to be my favorite daily driver. (Sorry @Carl Kotte, the second picture probably belongs to your thread).

I have a question: does anyone have an example of what a knife looks like after you achieve nutmeg-level perfection in the polish/ kasumi and then... use it to cut things?

ITckeyOl.jpg

fuSYddPl.jpg

210mm Tsubaya Tanaka blue 1. I had my hesitation to this knife at first due to its length, but it's grown to be my favorite daily driver. (Sorry @Carl Kotte, the second picture probably belongs to your thread).

I have a question: does anyone have an example of what a knife looks like after you achieve nutmeg-level perfection in the polish/ kasumi and then... use it to cut things?

ITckeyOl.jpg

fuSYddPl.jpg
Nice nail polish!

Kochi 270 migaki after a couple days at work. Awesome reminder that you don’t need to spend $500 or more on a great blade. This thing is a beast.

Attachments

• 16D68CC0-A35A-48DE-8308-91610466EEF0.jpeg
    16D68CC0-A35A-48DE-8308-91610466EEF0.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 8C58C5AF-3C20-448D-A823-220EF2527107.jpeg
    8C58C5AF-3C20-448D-A823-220EF2527107.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 33
What are the specs? Looks a real deal 😊
I feel like we all get caught up in chasing the more expensive knives sometimes. This kochi reminded me that a more budget friendly knife can really tear it up. I love it. I’m pretty sure it’s about 272 mm and 53.5 mm. Handle is awesome. Weight I would guess maybe 220g. It’s got a really sweet grind. I even minced 5 or so lbs of shallots with it the other day lol.

I feel like we all get caught up in chasing the more expensive knives sometimes. This kochi reminded me that a more budget friendly knife can really tear it up. I love it. I’m pretty sure it’s about 272 mm and 53.5 mm. Handle is awesome. Weight I would guess maybe 220g. It’s got a really sweet grind. I even minced 5 or so lbs of shallots with it the other day lol.
I have the 240 😉. That is light for 270

Back